No more Salisbury City?

General chat about anything else goes here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No more Salisbury City?

Post by Colorado Gull »

http://www.blackmorevale.co.uk/Salisbur ... story.html

The Salisbury City FC board are furious with the Football Association and the Football Conference after the Whites’ High Court appeal was thrown out at the last minute.

The consortium were due to plead their case in front of an appeals penal yesterday, but it was rejected because the independent chairman believes the group are not the legal owners of the club.

After months of bitter fighting, authorities still regard Moroccan businessman Otail Touzar as the legal owner of the Wiltshire outfit. The consortium were due to appear at the High Court today and claim ownership of the club unchallenged.

In an angry statement, the board said: “Salisbury City are being monumentally stitched up by the FA and Conference which will ultimately lead to the demise of the football club.

“The FA, who had taken the unprecedented step of hearing an appeal from two sets of owners because privately they claimed they feared being sued by a fraudulent Moroccan owner – whose only contribution to the club was to walk off with £4,000 of fans money, have now cut off all communication with the club and their legal advisors.

“This whole process is a complete farce. There is nothing independent about this process.”

The consortium also vented frustration at the Conference, believing they have acted unprofessionally, holding ‘agendas against the club’.

“The Conference and FA can attempt to dress this up how they like but their atrocious, unaccountable actions are a disgrace” continued the statement. “They are a total embarrassment to the game they claim to represent.

“What they have conspired to do to Salisbury City is disgraceful and against the moral obligation they have to the teams under their charge.”
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Have a read of this thread from the Chester forum, it pretty much details the whole sorry tale.

http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=79601
Pea.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I just hope that the Moroccan gentleman does the decent thing. Unlikely I think. Any non EU person buying a football club should be forced to lodge a substantial bond with the League or Conference before share transfer.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Does anyone know if Salisbury have folded completely? I looked down through the pyramid of results - right down to Calor Gas southern table - and there's no sign of them. I see that Hereford are in one of the lower leagues (Ryman?) ...... and they lost their first game, at home. But at least they're playing.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I thought the same, but Salisbury at appears are not playing at all, at any level, this season.

A real shame for them, as for no apparent reason I've always had a soft spot for them and kept an eye on their results. Hopefully their fans can get themselves together and reform something for next season. Sure they'll have to start at the bottom, but its better than nothing. Must be incredibly odd for their fans
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

I also liked Salisbury and looked for their results in the Conference last season. When we were in the Conference the last time, I remember a home game against Salisbury on a Tuesday night. It finished 0 - 0 but it certainly wasn't a bore draw. Both teams played football that night which was a credit to the Conference and it was extremely well refereed (not all Conference refs are cr*p !). Salisbury's manager at that time was a former Southampton player (forget his name). He got them playing some neat football.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

tomogull wrote:I also liked Salisbury and looked for their results in the Conference last season. When we were in the Conference the last time, I remember a home game against Salisbury on a Tuesday night. It finished 0 - 0 but it certainly wasn't a bore draw. Both teams played football that night which was a credit to the Conference and it was extremely well refereed (not all Conference refs are cr*p !). Salisbury's manager at that time was a former Southampton player (forget his name). He got them playing some neat football.
Tommy Widdrington?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Jeff wrote: Tommy Widdrington?
No - it was Nick Holmes, Jeff.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Imagine a football club going bust for the sake of £14,000 when the transfer window has just closed at almost £850,000,000.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:Imagine a football club going bust for the sake of £14,000 when the transfer window has just closed at almost £850,000,000. Matt.
Yes - that in a nutshell sums up the craziness of Premier Fantasy Football. Falcao is reported to be on £350,000 PER WEEK !!!!! He could bail out Salisbury with his pocket money. However, Salisbury's problems go much deeper than the £14000 owed to Inland Revenue.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

tomogull wrote: Salisbury's problems go much deeper than the £14000 owed to Inland Revenue.
Don't tell me . . . . . . "the fit and proper person test" :rofl:

Said before and said now . . .

"The following words I ask you to read for these are the words of instruction:
Be moved by need and never by greed for greed is the seed of destruction.
Liars and cheats will deceive and accuse for these are their tools of obstruction.
Be selective and observant of friends you choose
For friends are the foundation of construction."

Ed Parker
10th Degree Grand Master Kenpo Karate

:bow:

:clap:

:engflag:

:)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Trojan 67 wrote: Don't tell me . . . . . . "the fit and proper person test" :rofl:

Said before and said now . . .

"The following words I ask you to read for these are the words of instruction:
Be moved by need and never by greed for greed is the seed of destruction.
Liars and cheats will deceive and accuse for these are their tools of obstruction.
Be selective and observant of friends you choose
For friends are the foundation of construction."

Ed Parker
10th Degree Grand Master Kenpo Karate

Bliddy 'ell, Trojan - that's a bit deep for the Forum !! It's true though - I don't know the details, but it appears that Salisbury have been shafted/deceived by a (allegedly) liar and a cheat and this has been the seeds of their destruction. :(
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't think there's too much allegedly about it, Tomo. Having a scout about the internet and reading the papers from the High Court really do show up this foreign fellow as being a total shyster. We thought Roberts was bad, but he was just a dreamer. This bloke is actively trying to destroy the club he owns.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"