World Cup Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No justice in this world. Does my **** head in.

Two goals scored by a player who shouldn't even be on the pitch and the penalty decision was a **** joke.

Brazil eh....what a bunch of cheating ****.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Putting sarcasm to one side, I would be mightily pi$$ed off this morning if I was a Croat. That ref was poor enough to have been a League 2 or even a Conference official in England.

For me, however, the sight of a Brazil shirt normally makes me smile as I think of samba, the sunshine and Pele, whereas the Argentine shirt brings me out in a sweat making me think of cheating, diving and spitting.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Unlicky Croatia, not much you can do about a homer referee. I though Modric and Oscar were the two best players on the pitch. Modric worked so hard for the full 90 minutes and Oscar was Brazil's biggest threat going forward.
Neymar is good, but he has a long, long way to go before anyone can compare him with Messi.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Oscar,yes-but Modric no-pulled out of too many tackles and didn't relish it when the Brazilian players started to get more aggressive in their play.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Anyone watching the Mexico v Cameroon game? A couple utterly ridiculous decisions by the linesman. I find it difficult to believe that in the entire world, you can't find a core group of Referees and Assistants who are at least vaguely competent. If Cameroon go on to win this, it would be criminal.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Last nights game was the same old typical, boring, predictable shit. Crap refereeing, a player goes down after hardly being touched and gains a penalty, which changes the game. 1 1/2 games in, and Im bored of it already.

Christ, could it be that the modern game has diminished and slowly been destroying my passion and love for football.

Hopefully it will buck up when England enter the proceedings. :engflag:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What a superb goal by RVP!!

STIP
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Well that was more like it. An unpredictable result, I love seeing teams you would not expect getting a stuffing.

A great goal from RVP and the Dutch could have had a few more.

The Dutch are usually a big headed arrogant bunch of t0$$er$ but they do play some decent stuff and I am glad they gave Spain a doing. Something a bit different for a change.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

What a result from Holland. Unbelievable result.

Watching the Chile v Australia game now and this is shaping up to be a good game. Chile went 2-0 up in quick succession but Australia have just scored through Tim Cahill to make it 2-1.
Luke.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I was impressed with the Australian team. Didn't give up, came out and took the game to Chile in the second half.

Group B is shaping up to be a cracker!!

STIP
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

It was absolutely mad seeing Spain at the bottom of the group.

A real shame for Australia because they didn't deserve to lose by 2 goals. They're probably going to see the wrath of Spain in the next game too.
Luke.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

cambgull wrote:It was absolutely mad seeing Spain at the bottom of the group.

A real shame for Australia because they didn't deserve to lose by 2 goals. They're probably going to see the wrath of Spain in the next game too.
Australia have the Dutch next - not sure they will be revelling that one!!

STIP
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Well, here we go then!

:engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally disagree , nothing wrong that performance at all, looking at how we played tonight and the other teams in the group, there's every chance we'll get out of the group. At times thought we carried the greater attacking threat and forced more saves from there keeper than they did from ours, difference they were more clinical, looking at the age of our team, one things for sure, our future's a lot brighter than most think.
Formerly known as forevertufc