A women manager in the mens game.

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

A women manager in the mens game.

Post by Dave »

Helena Costa will become the first woman to manage a men's team in one of the top two divisions of a major European league. Could this be a major shift in a male dominated sport, if she's successful could we see a woman managing a top European club and in the champions league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27306106

How would the worlds top footballers cope with a woman manager ? How would the fans cope? how would gullscorer cope?
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Is this the first? I was always a bit suspicious about Paolo Di Canio.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

She's almost certainly there on merit, and so good luck to her. What's unacceptable, as happens in some areas of modern life, is 'positive discrimination', ostensibly to promote 'equality' of outcomes, but which in reality denies equality of opportunity by discriminating against one group in favour of another, which often results in the best person for the job not getting the job.

Hopefully this lady will have the decency and good sense to stay out of the room while the players are changing and showering, otherwise some of those young lads could be embarrassed... :Oops:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gullscorer wrote:She's almost certainly there on merit, and so good luck to her. What's unacceptable, as happens in some areas of modern life, is 'positive discrimination', ostensibly to promote 'equality' of outcomes, but which in reality denies equality of opportunity by discriminating against one group in favour of another, which often results in the best person for the job not getting the job.

Hopefully this lady will have the decency and good sense to stay out of the room while the players are changing and showering, otherwise some of those young lads could be embarrassed... :Oops:
Does my fruit as well.

"Disabled or minority ethnic applicants are guaranteed an interview." Why?
We're constantly being told that 'they're no different' so why treat them differently?
If you can't discriminate against them, you can't discriminate towards them. Treat everyone on merit, if the best guy for the job is a blind, one legged, homosexual, cross dressing, overweight, vegetarian, Muslim single mother with a heroin addiction and a long criminal history, then so be it. However, if the most suitable candidate happens to be a straight, able bodied, well spoken, white man, then hire him and to hell with cretinous organisations like Everyday Sexism and the Campaign for Racial Equality.

Kudos to this girl. As I've started to appreciate since going to watch the women's team, some of these broads can play.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:She's almost certainly there on merit, and so good luck to her. What's unacceptable, as happens in some areas of modern life, is 'positive discrimination', ostensibly to promote 'equality' of outcomes, but which in reality denies equality of opportunity by discriminating against one group in favour of another, which often results in the best person for the job not getting the job.

What a surprise, a bird makes inroads into a male dominated area and up you pop with your usual veiled anti women tirade.
Well here's a surprise for you-I hate positive discrimination too, it stinks and we seem to be the only country in the world who practice it, but I don't need a woman making inroads to make me comment. It could be someone who is black, green, purple, gay, brown, disabled, blind, three legged, whatever and I would still be against it.
Unlike yourself, Gullscorer, who only seems to appear when women get anywhere near 'equality'.
Get a job ffs, get a girlfriend, get a life and you'll be a better 'man' in the long run as the bitterness towards women will surely, slowly drain away.......... :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Oh dear, Em, here we go again. I posted a perfectly reasonable comment on the topic (please note the title of the thread) but your post was way off course. In a different thread (on the Popside Forum) you promised to ignore my comments, but it seems the only time you post these days is when you see an occasional comment of mine which triggers your pro-feminist obsessions. Unlike you, I believe in fairness, justice, equality and human rights for all, men and women universally, but not the feminist version into which you appear to have been indoctrinated, which has nothing to do with true equality. Again you confuse and conflate anti-feminism with anti-women. I can't decide whether it's because you are so screwed up in the head that you see things from a completely skewed and upside-down perspective or whether you really are a feminist deliberately trying to misquote and misrepresent what I say (such as putting your own slant on the sentence you highlighted). But others will discover the truth even if you don't want to. In the meantime, please keep the promise you made on the other thread and go away, because you really do need to see a therapist, and you're getting to be (a touch of jocularity here) even more boring than I am..

Back on topic, it's to be hoped that an increase in the number of female coaches and managers would occur concomitantly with an increase in popularity of the women's game, among spectators as well as players. This can only be a good thing for Association Football generally, and should be encouraged by everybody.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:Oh dear, Em, here we go again. I posted a perfectly reasonable comment on the topic (please note the title of the thread) but your post was way off course. In a different thread (on the Popside Forum) you promised to ignore my comments, but it seems the only time you post these days is when you see an occasional comment of mine which triggers your pro-feminist obsessions. Unlike you, I believe in fairness, justice, equality and human rights for all, men and women universally, but not the feminist version into which you appear to have been indoctrinated, which has nothing to do with true equality. Again you confuse and conflate anti-feminism with anti-women. I can't decide whether it's because you are so screwed up in the head that you see things from a completely skewed and upside-down perspective or whether you really are a feminist deliberately trying to misquote and misrepresent what I say (such as putting your own slant on the sentence you highlighted). But others will discover the truth even if you don't want to. In the meantime, please keep the promise you made on the other thread and go away, because you really do need to see a therapist, and you're getting to be (a touch of jocularity here) even more boring than I am..

Back on topic, it's to be hoped that an increase in the number of female coaches and managers would occur concomitantly with an increase in popularity of the women's game, among spectators as well as players. This can only be a good thing for Association Football generally, and should be encouraged by everybody.
I'm getting more boring than you? That is about the funniest thing you've ever typed on here :rofl: You've ruined more threads than a blind, one armed bespoke tailor!
You have got a Batman or Spiderman suit haven't you? Come on, admit it, you'll feel better for it. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've ruined more threads...?? Ruined more threads...!!?? :O

I'll have you know that, with my exquisitely articulated and erudite posts, I have saved numerous threads on these forums, and promoted many to legendary status. I have initiated a good number of compulsive, thought-provoking and intellectually-stimulating discussions replete with astutely entertaining quips and compelling argument.

In short, I've been a pain in the proverbial you-know-what for a few people but, for others, a refreshing and illuminating torchbearer casting light on that which would otherwise have remained hidden, suppressed and un-discussed.

It may well be true that in certain respects I have yet to scale the grand heights of those achieved by AustrianAndyGull or Matt the Ferrarilover. But, ruined more threads...!!?? Ruined more threads...!!?? How very dare you...!!! :@

Oh, and er.. a Superman suit, actually... :nod:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote:Interesting perspective on Helena Costa's appointment here: http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/ma ... d-to-exist
Interesting in a similar way to the study of the male genitalia. It's complete bollocks.

You'd have to be a cretin of the highest order to entirely ignore the idea that she might have been the best person for the job and focus solely on the fact that she's a woman, so therefore has only got the job because of boobs and pressure by other women.

EDIT: And I'll get in before you inevitably call me a feminist and say you'd have to be an even bigger cretin to think that too.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

cambgull wrote: Interesting in a similar way to the study of the male genitalia. It's complete bollocks.

You'd have to be a cretin of the highest order to entirely ignore the idea that she might have been the best person for the job and focus solely on the fact that she's a woman, so therefore has only got the job because of boobs and pressure by other women*.

EDIT: And I'll get in before you inevitably call me a feminist and say you'd have to be an even bigger cretin to think that too.
You talkin' to me..?? :)

*He's not saying that at all. If anything, he's indicating the opposite. By insinuating otherwise, you entirely misrepresent his article, as anyone reading it will see for themselves. Perhaps you should read it again, more carefully this time.. :rules:

The link was posted because the article was connected with the topic and for the enlightenment of readers. No further comment from me is necessary, and I don't need to call you anything.. :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That article is, as any fool could tell you, at best a gross misrepresentation of the facts at every turn. The headline is worse than anything you'll find in the Daily Wail and to suggest that the article is supposed, somehow, all to be a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic slant on the modern, misogynist media is so obviously wrong as to be a blatant lie, told with the aim (presumably) of justifying the appallingly conceived and equally appallingly conveyed sentiment to a reader who hates himself in a way usually reserved for self-loathing paedophiles.*

Matt.

Sorry, bit of a mouthful, that sentence.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote:and I don't need to call you anything.. :)
Neither did I, I'm not the only one who misread something! :na:
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:That article is, as any fool could tell you, at best a gross misrepresentation of the facts at every turn. The headline is worse than anything you'll find in the Daily Wail and to suggest that the article is supposed, somehow, all to be a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic slant on the modern, misogynist media is so obviously wrong as to be a blatant lie, told with the aim (presumably) of justifying the appallingly conceived and equally appallingly conveyed sentiment to a reader who hates himself in a way usually reserved for self-loathing paedophiles.*
Matt.
Sorry, bit of a mouthful, that sentence.
You'd do best to swallow it, Matt. Nobody else will.. ;-) :~D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

cambgull wrote: Interesting in a similar way to the study of the male genitalia. It's complete bollocks.

You'd have to be a cretin of the highest order to entirely ignore the idea that she might have been the best person for the job and focus solely on the fact that she's a woman, so therefore has only got the job because of boobs and pressure by other women.

I'm more than slightly suspicious of a website called "A Voice for Men", anyway - Don't claim to be an expert, but I believe the bepenised (i just made this word up) among us have done pretty well getting a 'voice' in the last, oh, twenty thousand years of human existence or so.

Also - there's nothing wrong with being a 'feminist'. I'm a feminist, in that I believe women should have the same rights as men. It's only because the term got hijacked and given the same meaning as 'misandrist' that it's used as some sort of insult.

(EDIT: something weird happened with the quote. think it was a nesting thing)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.