Best and worst footy shirts

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers for the Austria shirt piccy Chunkygull, that is the very first Austria shirt i owned in 1990 and i had the name FEIERSINGER on the back after the Austria and Dortmund defender. We wore it at the World Cup in Italy, ironically the only game we won (2-1 against the USA, crappy yanks! :) ) we wore the red shirt.

Now the national team play in red with white shorts to replicate the flag colours but we don't win in it. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

yes, this is the recent home shirt for austria.
http://www.soccerscene.co.uk/puma-austr ... 013-371449
fancy changing the national teams colours. :-o why would they do that.there would be uproar if england did that :@ however england have changed to all white then back to blue shorts then all white again, also changed the trim from blue to red, now going to be blue again. :| some clubs do change totally as well, take cardiff for example from blue to red. some other clubs have done it as well .one in particiular whose home colours are supposed to be yellow and blue they started to randomly throw in bits of white then white socks and then even worse make their home shirt yellow and white stripes. :no:
:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've got this seasons away Austria shirt which is white. They used to play in red and white originally then changed to white and black and now back again. The weird thing about Englands shirts is that they have blue shorts and trim when there is no blue on the England flag. I think they should play in red shorts.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:now thats not very nice is it. :-o
how do you know im not the sensitive type that gets upset by that sort of thing. :'(
do you think that i'd care? 8/

now go away and dry yer eyes..... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

isn't it 'dry yer eyes - mate'? :~D
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

by SuperNickyWroe » Yesterday, 20:50
well said mick (emetedads) and jonny.
for gods sake some on here need to grow up and some need to take a chill pill.
if someones agrees or disagrees then fine.
if anyone doesnt like what someone has posted then FFS dry yer eyes, get over it and move on.
oh, and yes there are some on here that talk wet, but if you dont like what they post, then dont post a reply - it really is that simple.
agreeing and disagreeing is all part of what makes forums fun. i probably do talk wet and might be wrong sometimes.(not about football shirts though) :whistle: and yes every time i am disagreed with, teased, taunted and tormented, i do FFS dry my eyes, get over it and move on. its all good fun. ;-)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

going back to the fc pumas shirt that has reminded me that mexico are responsible for some of the most shocking international shirts of all time. a few of which would probably frighten small children, here are a couple of examples

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... s3660.html :-o

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... s5824.html :O

check out the whole mexico page, some true shockers in there.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

just thought of a few more examples - there was a few teams that chose this lovely type of design by adidas in the late 80's 8/ whoever came up with this idea must have been having way too much fun in the cafes of amsterdam- :whistle:

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... s1379.html :-/

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... 30552.html :lol:

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... 15752.html :no:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

chunkygull wrote:there have been some terrible shirts down the years whoever designed some of them should be collected and taken away by the men in white coats. we have been guilty of some shockers but not as guilty as others. arsenal away 91-93 was awful :-o england 90 3rd kit :no: scotland away 94-95. :Z been a few dodgy austrailian ones :aww: . .newcastle away 93-95. norwich 92 - 94 8-o .aston villa away 93-95 :S chelsea away 94- 96 :no: tottenham 3rd kit 06-07 (turd coloured), fulham away 10-11 :Z any pink kit. :-/ any plymouth kit :@ (offensive). man uniteds current one. any exeter shirt :@ (offensive). any kit with black and blue hoops. :- loads of keepers tops. :no: any kit with yellow and white stripes :whistle: there are too many to remember off hand.
the first shirt i ever had was torquay home 89-90 . i have only had 2 home shirts in the 26 years of supporting torquay because most of them have been plain, awful or just plain awful :| .the other home shirt i have is from 97-99. the second shirt i ever got was in 91 just in time for the play offs, the purple and white one :) (nice) which i chose rather than have that yellow and white striped thing :no: ive actually just seen one on ebay, £40 they
want :O .i have had quite a few torquay away shirts, 2 quite smart ones that stand out were with light blue and white stripes in the mid to late 90's :) but both were totally different .only shirt i have from another club which really stood out as different :-o is a man united 90-92 blue and white away which is proper old school adidas, from different distances the design seems to completely change, some would say it is terrible :no: it has made a few online worst shirt lists but some would say its cool :) .
i so badly just want us to have 1 decent home shirt in my lifetime. looks like that isnt going to happen any time soon :( :scarf:
been having a look around on the net and there are loads of links for worst kits.check out youtube search worst ever football kits one link has former gull paul holmes wearing an awful birmingham kit. we have made an entry on historical kits in their worst home kits section for our 93-95 hoops shirt. bit harsh that :red:

Just bought my 3rd ever Torquay home shirt today. It's the one we wore in the blue square premier for 2 seasons 07-09. Nice that it was from a promotion year. It was a bit steep though, it cost me £3.50 at a car boot sale. There are a few players signatures on it but I have no idea who. The lad said maybe David graham and Alex Russell but the dates dont really fit. Anyway not a great shirt but a nice bit of memorabillia. :~D