The Bookies Odds Thread

Rivals banter, other footie/sport and general chat.

Topic author
bixieupnorth
VIP
VIP

The Bookies Odds Thread

Post by bixieupnorth » 29 Dec 2013, 12:54

nice one andy

i'm hoping to end what beens my best year of gambling by far, i've ended up with over £800 profit i think!! some big wins, two of over £1000, two £500+ and lots of £100s here and there. obviously they always get it back again!!

yesterday grimsby losing deprived me of about £300 and man city failing to beat a one goal handicap snatched another £150 from my grasp

today, apart from singles on us winning, i like chesterfield, cheltenham, colchester amd pompey, aways for argyle, scunny, derby (barnsley alert noted and ignored!!) preston and motherwell

good luck to everyone
still keeping the faith

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 29 Dec 2013, 13:05

I managed a hundred and fifty quid yesterday although Grimsby let me down on another line. Can't complain though. I don't think Chesterfield will let us down today and I've put them in with Tottenham (God knows why as I expect a backlash from Stoke but they SURELY have to win today?!), QPR need a win too and I've stuck them in. I have some other lines too but I've left Pompey out as I feel Northampton will somehow get a result there today. I think we all still think of Pompey as a big club and in this league they are but they have players not much better than us and that is what I'm bearing in mind. Good luck anyway Bix! :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 16 Jan 2014, 20:20

I have Sociedad in a single at 4/1 to beat Villarreal tonight. They are 1 up with 20 to go so get your cash on Villarreal to score next goal at 11/10! It has to be a certainty! :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 16 Jan 2014, 20:27

Villarreal just missed a pen! I have been the beneficiary of that elusive something! LUCK!! :clap:

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 16 Jan 2014, 20:33

Seriously , get on now at 9/4. Villarreal are pressing and will score any minute. :'(

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 16 Jan 2014, 22:04

I won. Did I just say that?

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 16 Jan 2014, 22:20

Got 4-0 Barca too. It's now 2-0.

Scott Brehaut
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut » 16 Jan 2014, 22:25

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:I won. Did I just say that?
usfiAsWR4qU

:-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 16 Jan 2014, 22:32

:clap: :lol:

It is all the sweeter too because I worked it out. Villarreal v Sociedad in the Copa del Rey was 0-0 in the first leg in Sociedad, they then played one another in the league the other night which was a rout for Villarreal over Sociedad and then the second leg tonight of the Copa del Rey which I thought Sociedad would improve and get their revenge. In addition they are 5th and 6th in La Liga yet Sociedad were priced at 4/1?!!

I just thought it could work and went for a £25 single. :bow:

tktufc91
Player Coach
Player Coach
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 » 15 Feb 2014, 17:39

Won £122 after having weeks of being one game off in my accas. Meant having to bet against Torquay but let's be honest, we had no chance of winning.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!

yellowsmiffy
Player Coach
Player Coach

Post by yellowsmiffy » 08 Mar 2014, 17:25

Hoping Bix et al might be able to help. I'm looking to lump on Exeter surviving, but I don't think any bookies offer odds on League 2 survival. Will I have to lay an Exeter relegation on a betting exhange like Betfair to do this? Cheers!

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe » 08 Mar 2014, 17:53

yellowsmiffy wrote:Hoping Bix et al might be able to help. I'm looking to lump on Exeter surviving, but I don't think any bookies offer odds on League 2 survival. Will I have to lay an Exeter relegation on a betting exhange like Betfair to do this? Cheers!
try SkyBet mate.
17/8/17 Brucie posted "SNW is right" :)
The First Member of the Month
And the poster formerly known as BarnsleyGull

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe » 17 Mar 2014, 10:10

we must be getting better....skybet only have us at 1/6 to go down now - last week it was 1/7............ :@
17/8/17 Brucie posted "SNW is right" :)
The First Member of the Month
And the poster formerly known as BarnsleyGull

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Post by AustrianAndyGull » 22 Apr 2014, 21:48

Just won £150 on predicting a 0-0 in tonights CL game!! :)

Chelsea only know how to defend away so it was nailed on!!

PlainmoorRoar
Player Coach
Player Coach
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar » 11 Jun 2014, 12:13

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!