The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Nick wrote:Chesterfield is a big call to win the League in my opinion - Fleetwood are there in my opinion.
Agree Nick

There is a lot of confidence around these parts that they are going to do really well this season and they've assembled a good squad.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Got 4/5 and 2/3 on my two accas over the weekend. Let down by Rotherham on one and Millwall on the other :(
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Looks like a blank tonight, QPR the main culprits thus far although Sunderland didn't help either.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Everton get the bookies out the sh*t again tonight. Got a small profit on a 2 goal Newcastle win but could have had £250 if not for the Toffees. Oh well, some you win and most you lose. :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just waiting for perennial failures and overpaid arseholes England to beat Moldova in the U21's game and then I have a bit of extra cash for Saturday to take to the Lancashire Riviera! England 1-0 up and have had 26 shots at goal to their 2. You couldn't make it up, the cream of the nation's youngsters being contained by sheep farmers. I expect a rare and random Moldova attack will find it's way into the net and it will end 1-1 and the pundits will make more excuses. You all play at top clubs and get thousands of pounds, show it and earn it and then be ashamed of your performance!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Meanwhile Austria U21's are 5-2 down to Spain but at least we've scored two against probably the best around.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

To be fair Andy, the under 21 squad is made of mostly of players who probably don't get paid that much in the grand scheme of things. More than me, yes, but not as much as the overpaid and overhyped England "senior" squad

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Don't care. :na:

It's England, it's fun to mock them. :clap:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

That's fine by me - mock all you want. A win is a win.

You continue to enjoy Austria punching above their weight by being able to score a couple against a quality team - still a loss though..........

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Shocking evening tonight. Portugal 2-1 down to Northern Ireland and down to 10 men, Greece 0-0 at Liechtenstein and down to 10, Estonia beating Holland 2-1 (how the f*ck does THAT happen?!), Wales U21 losing 1-0 at San Marino (how the f*ck does THAT happen?!), France can't score yet against Georgia and the bookies are laughing.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

They're not laughing at me :na: :na:

STIP
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by LukeGull »

would've won about £200 from 2 50p bets tonight, but Spain had to draw with Chile 2-2... I was so annoyed because I didn't realise it was only a friendly and not a qualifier, if I had realised I wouldn't have backed them
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

LukeGull wrote:would've won about £200 from 2 50p bets tonight, but Spain had to draw with Chile 2-2... I was so annoyed because I didn't realise it was only a friendly and not a qualifier, if I had realised I wouldn't have backed them
Were you in the Cider Bar in Newton Abbot watching the match and checking the scores at half time? :S
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LukeGull »

Nope, sat at home getting increasingly frustrated with the England match, so much so that I gave up watching the last 20 minutes.
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LukeGull »

Nope, sat at home getting increasingly frustrated with the England match, so much so that I gave up watching the last 20 minutes.