Buckle Watch

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

:rofl: The Rovers fan reckons Buckle is hanging on to his job based on the FA Cup draw. So, beating two non-league no hopers and benefiting from a completely random draw is enough to keep him in his (guess) £150,000 PA job. Feck me, where do I get me an application form?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote::rofl: The Rovers fan reckons Buckle is hanging on to his job based on the FA Cup draw. So, beating two non-league no hopers and benefiting from a completely random draw is enough to keep him in his (guess) £150,000 PA job. Feck me, where do I get me an application form?

Matt.
The ironic thing is, some people are suggesting that this cup run could end up killing off his career with Rovers, as they will gain enough money to pay his compensation!

And i may have to eat soe humble pie now, as i earlier suggested that Rovers will still get play-offs. I'm not so sure anymore. Poor Buckle! :lol:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by gasrex »

ferrarilover wrote::rofl: The Rovers fan reckons Buckle is hanging on to his job based on the FA Cup draw. So, beating two non-league no hopers and benefiting from a completely random draw is enough to keep him in his (guess) £150,000 PA job. Feck me, where do I get me an application form?

Matt.
I'm sorry, but we will no longer be accepting applicants from the Torquay area.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Board meeting at Bristol Rovers tommorrow,

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... -tomorrow/

Was really hoping he'd make it until our return match on 10 March.

Selfish git !!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

That forum makes for some hilarious reading at the moment.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The problem for Bristol Rovers will be that, if they do sack Buckle before the season ends, the club will become a laughing stock with a reputation for appointing and sacking managers at a rate of knots, and no half-decent manager will want to go there, so the club could end up with precisely what they wanted to avoid - relegation. On the other hand, if Buckle stays and brings in some January signings to turn things around, they could actually finish in a half-decent league position. What a dilemma!
Last edited by Gullscorer on 28 Dec 2011, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

gasrex wrote: I'm sorry, but we will no longer be accepting applicants from the Torquay area.
Beggars can't be choosers.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

gasrex wrote: I'm sorry, but we will no longer be accepting applicants from the Torquay area.

:lol:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gullscorer wrote:The problem for Bristol Rovers will be that, if they do sack Buckle before the season ends, the club will become a laughing stock with a reputation for appointing and sacking managers at a rate of knots, and no half-decent manager will want to go there, so the club could end up with precisely what they wanted to avoid - relegation. On the other hand, if Buckle stays and brings in some January signings to turn things around, they could actually finish in a half-decent league position. What a dilemma!
As long as jobs are scarce and managers are out of work there will always be a rush of applicants for each vacancy that appears at one of the 92. Regardless of if they think they will be out on their ear after 6 months. I would normally agree that when a new manager comes in at a new club he should be given time to sort things out but in the case of Buckle he has had a shocker which cannot be defended. He has spent the money, he has got a fairly large squad with some good players and the expectation was at the start of the season hopefully a top three but definately a play off spot. Neither are going to happen and he is only a handful of points off the bottom. It really is unacceptable and that combined with all the ba PR he is getting, calling Bristolians c**ts, falling out with players and staff an having the fans on his back 24/7 indicates that the job he is doing at the Mem isn't worthy of him dragging a wage each month. I know Rovers are sick of chopping and changing but they are going to have to do it again an soon if they want to move forward an get any respect and dignity back at the club.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/BOSS-BUC ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I thought this was interesting (taken from the Rovers forum)

I can pretty much confirm that it's true.

It was the Port Vale game and the players were booed off the pitch. Buckle said something along the lines of "Bristolians are c*nts".

Phil Kite turned around and said: "I'm Bristolian, my wife is Bristolian, my whole family is f*cking Bristolian. Kite also had him pinned up against the wall!

He's a slimy little bar-steward and I honestly hope he does get the boot!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

usagullmichigan wrote:I thought this was interesting (taken from the Rovers forum)

I can pretty much confirm that it's true.

It was the Port Vale game and the players were booed off the pitch. Buckle said something along the lines of "Bristolians are c*nts".

Phil Kite turned around and said: "I'm Bristolian, my wife is Bristolian, my whole family is f*cking Bristolian. Kite also had him pinned up against the wall!

He's a slimy little bar-steward and I honestly hope he does get the boot!
Wow - grass is not greener it would seem Mr Buckle! In fairness the Bristol fans (as a whole) seemed to have turned very quickly. Not that I want him to do well but a manager often needs time to build at they have far from given him this.

How can you confirm the truth of this usagullmichigan? Would LOVE it to be true!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I just copy and pasted that link from someone on the Rovers forum. alot of them confirm that episode as true.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

usagullmichigan wrote:I just copy and pasted that link from someone on the Rovers forum. alot of them confirm that episode as true.
Indeed, a few people on that forum seem to have a direct source in the club that confirmed that it's true, though they're protecting the source, quite wisely. The sheer hatred that 90% of the posters on that forum have for Buckle is a sight to behold.
TUST member 203
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Whatever opinions may be about Buckle himself, I'm now beginning to think, having followed news, forums and events at Bristol Rovers for the past eighteen months, that Rovers fans don't deserve a football club. Their expectations have been unreasonably high and it was 'Buckle out' from quite early in the season. It's going to be the same for any new manager at Rovers who doesn't provide instant miracles.