America

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

America

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What the hell is wrong with some people from the US?!

Do they seriously think that the best solution to stopping mass shootings in schools is to issue MORE guns? To arm teachers?

Can they really not see what the most logical solution is?

Complete and utter MADNESS!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You need to look at the real agenda here. America is doomed to suffer a financial collapse soon. The powers that be need an excuse to take arms off the population so expect more events like the one just witnessed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 20:00 You need to look at the real agenda here. America is doomed to suffer a financial collapse soon. The powers that be need an excuse to take arms off the population so expect more events like the one just witnessed.
haven't really been paying attention to this site for a while (period of unemployment, lost password, general ennui with the club..) but I did want to respond to this.

er...what the hell are you talking about?

You think that the government want more mass shootings so they can take guns away from people?! That's...insane. The current government and administration are clearly very pro-gun; if the murder of 26 kids (in my town) doesn't jolt them into action, nothing will.

The gun culture is so ingrained here - stoked by propaganda on the part of gun manufacturers and their lobbying group, the NRA (who pivoted in the 80s from being a club for people who like hunting into a mouthpiece for the arms industry) - that these sorts of incidents somehow get politicians to talk about more guns. The whole "only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good with a gun" insanity. Shooting at schools? Cool, give teachers a gun.

Every country that has implemented some form of increased gun control after an incident has yet to see a repeat. Meanwhile, the reluctance of the 'powers that be' to even consider it means that not only are shooting so commonplace as to barely warrant a mention on the news, but suicides and accidental deaths from firearms are at all-time high. There are cultural and historical reasons for the US to maintain the Second Amendment (even though it's baffling to me) but to say that they 'need' these weapons to prevent the jackbooted government from coming in and repressing them is idiotic; there are already limits to 2A - for example you can't own a tank - and the government has everything from drone killing machines to nuclear weapons.

Personal protection is one thing - I don't get it, but ok - but nobody needs to wield an AR-15 to stop house invaders.

Don't even get me started on the attitude of these gun rights advocates when the person holding one isn't white.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.