Robert Stanley - Who Is He?

General chat about anything else goes here.
BPAFC_Supporter
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tommy Spratt

Robert Stanley - Who Is He?

Post by BPAFC_Supporter »

Hi All,

I'm a supporter of Bradford Park Avenue who play in the Conference North.

I noticed a fellow pop up on my LinkedIn feed called Robert Stanley who was previously affiliated with Torquay. What caught my eye is that the chap has recently listed that he is now CEO at Bradford Park Avenue.

I can't seem to find much out about him and as we're away from home for the next two weekends so I won't be seeing anyone official to ask about him any time soon.

Can any of you shed any light on him? Who is he and what's he like?

Thanks in advance,

An. Avenueite
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

He was our stadium manager for a while, if I recall correctly. Think he was moved on when Dave Phillips and the rest purchased the club.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
BPAFC_Supporter
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tommy Spratt

Post by BPAFC_Supporter »

Thanks Scott

What did the fans at Torquay think of him?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

BPAFC_Supporter wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 22:30 Thanks Scott

What did the fans at Torquay think of him?
Honestly I would be surprised if most Torquay fans even knew who he was. As Scott says he was Stadium Manager (whatever that means) so not a role where the fans would really pay him much attention. I think I am correct in saying he owned the company that supplied the stewards at Plainmoor.

I believe he was given more responsibility in the dying days of the previous regime as club secretary and then general manager but I'm not sure how qualified he was for these roles, he was certainly the "spokesperson" at the last fans forum. You can see him at said forum here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPofyPkeMU

He left under a bit of a cloud after being suspended for some reason but again this was never communicated to the fans.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Wasn't he involved in trying to put together an eleventh hour consortium to block the GI takeover?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jerry wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 23:12 Honestly I would be surprised if most Torquay fans even knew who he was. As Scott says he was Stadium Manager (whatever that means) so not a role where the fans would really pay him much attention. I think I am correct in saying he owned the company that supplied the stewards at Plainmoor.

I believe he was given more responsibility in the dying days of the previous regime as club secretary and then general manager but I'm not sure how qualified he was for these roles, he was certainly the "spokesperson" at the last fans forum. You can see him at said forum here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPofyPkeMU

He left under a bit of a cloud after being suspended for some reason but again this was never communicated to the fans.
Suspended for being to honest.