Summer 2017

General chat about anything else goes here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Summer 2017

Post by Yorkieandy »

When's this supposed to start then?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 12:52 When's this supposed to start then?
Don't you live in some godforsaken grim northern hellhole though Andy? Can't really expect anything else can you? ;-)

Glorious sunshine down here on the Riviera. :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Been glorious for weeks down here in sunny Guernsey, and was hot and sunny when I was up in Inverness at the start of the school holidays.

Maybe it just rains on you Andy.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Today was a good one to be fair but after 4 days of barely seeing the sun. Spent the weekend in Scarborough and just cloud with the odd bit of sun. Temperatures not getting above 20c. I'm waiting for the 3 solid weeks of red hot 25c - 30c sun i used to love in my school hols 20 or so years back.

Actually Jerry i was in Dorset at the beginning of August for a week and on one day it battered it down with wind and rain of monsoon proportions for the whole 24 hours so we just stayed in our holiday lodge.

It's grim up north though you're right.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 21:50 Today was a good one to be fair but after 4 days of barely seeing the sun. Spent the weekend in Scarborough and just cloud with the odd bit of sun. Temperatures not getting above 20c. I'm waiting for the 3 solid weeks of red hot 25c - 30c sun i used to love in my school hols 20 or so years back.

Actually Jerry i was in Dorset at the beginning of August for a week and on one day it battered it down with wind and rain of monsoon proportions for the whole 24 hours so we just stayed in our holiday lodge.

It's grim up north though you're right.
Dorset counts as up north to us! :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jerry wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 07:07 [highlight=yellow]Don't you live in some godforsaken grim northern hellhole though Andy?[/highlight] Can't really expect anything else can you? ;-)

Glorious sunshine down here on the Riviera. :)
he does Jerry - its called Derbyshire.... :rofl:

its been lovely all week in sunny Barnsley.... :)

as an aside, at least up here I don't have to put up loads of jocks, scousers and eastern euros like you do in torquay... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468