Solihull Moors tin pot ground fails safety test

General chat about anything else goes here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Solihull Moors tin pot ground fails safety test

Post by merse btpir »

Solihull Moors tin pot ground fails it's safety test and tomorrow's opening National League game with Chester cannot go ahead......
http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/sol ... oned-38109

This has really come as no surprise to me; I paid two visits to this ground last season ~ one in vain due to a freak of nature ~ and the other when the game was played on an atrocious pitch........

That the club's local safety authority have refused to give the stadium the go ahead says all for claustrophobic and uncomfortable experience I had sitting in the main stand at pitch level. Not enough room for my legs and feet (and I'm only 5' 8") poor sightlines and impossible to leave your seat unless everybody gets out between you and the aisle...........it's ruddy awful sightlines only add to the discomfort and the collection of temporary tribunes such as you would find at a golf tournament only add to the incredulity I felt that this ground had ever been passed fit for National League football.

Getting there too is an expensive business using public transport with the ground an £8 taxi ride in either direction form either of the two nearest stations ~ Birmingham International & Solihull ~ even the last bus back to Solihull Station leaves right on the final whistle allowing no time at all to get from exit gate to bus stop, or allows for any time added on!

This no reflection of the warm welcome and footballing ability of the club ~ nothing wrong there! And the clubhouse facilities are fine; indeed better than many on this circuit. However this temporary nature gives way to the FACT that adjacent is the giant Land Rover Factory that covets the site for expansion and will almost certainly get their way given the nature of the importance their presence in the town is to employment and surrounding economy.

Solihull Moors were on borrowed tie at this tinpot little ground anyway; they could be on borrowed time in this league also!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Maybe Fred perry can explain. However if they have safety fears for that ground. How the how is guiesley not shut. I have been the 2 times we have played there, and was embarrassed to see Torquay play there and be there, I walked past it on the first visit (4-3 defeat ) I thought it was the local cricket ground.albeit they have beat us both times. Horrible ground.
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 20:18 Maybe Fred perry can explain. However if they have safety fears for that ground. How the how is guiesley not shut. I have been the 2 times we have played there, and was embarrassed to see Torquay play there and be there, I walked past it on the first visit (4-3 defeat ) I thought it was the local cricket ground.albeit they have beat us both times. Horrible ground.
I thought Guiseley was alright... :)

:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

We have given the " powers that be " at Solihull Moors , a right bollocking !...

It was completely out of order , telling both Solihull and Chester supporters , on Thursday evening, the match was postponed on " safety grounds ".

Last season , we accomodated over 1,000 Tranmere supporters , with NO safety issues.

The ground at Solihull Moors nay not be the " Ritz " , but at least it is homely !...

I agree that a couple of the sections of the ground , do look a bit like those at a Golf Tournament.

However, the likes of Brighton had something similar, a few years back at their Withdean Stadium - now they have a super ground ( albeit all seater , which I personally do not like ).

Hope the FA do not penalize us too harshly , but the person who dropped the " Safety " clanger , should probably be sacked !...
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Hi

We are all " hunky dory " now - some petty thing , that was not of any concern , last season.

Chester match , has been rearranged , for early September 2017.

Our ground might not be the prettiest , but it DOES generate atmosphere !.

Three bars at the ground , too.