Sir Roger Moore, R.I.P.

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Sir Roger Moore, R.I.P.

Post by Gullscorer »

Died today at the age of 89, a man from humble beginnings who made good. He'll best be remembered, I suppose, as will Sean Connery, for his James Bond performances. Not the greatest actor in the world, for sure, he never had the appropriate roles to demonstrate his talents, but all he needed to do was to raise an eyebrow. And he was a true star, one of that great trio of the old school, along with Connery and Michael Caine. I heard somewhere that American producer Joe Levine (who made 'A Bridge Too Far') was planning a huge film starring the three of them around the late eighties, about a race between two sailing ships and a steamer based on the book 'For all the Tea in China', but Levine died before it got off the ground. What a movie that would have made!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The best James Bond imho.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Don't forget his role as Brett Sinclair opposite tony Curtis in the persauders. 1970s magic.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Just found it on Amazon:' For All the Tea in China' by Stephen Sheppard, a great sea adventure story.

Not to be confused with the somewhat inferior (in my opinion) novel with the same title by Kyril Bonfiglioli (soon to be a film starring Johnny Depp).