Promotion! - for wivelgull

General chat about anything else goes here.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Promotion! - for wivelgull

Post by wivelgull »

Hooray! A thousand up at last (and I had to improvise quite a bit on the way here). So, moderator, what's the next promotion for me (that is, after how many posts)?
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Well done Wivelgull. Is the next milestone 1500?

My cousins brother-in-law played a few games for Whitby a couple of years ago (James Brown). Did you get to see him play?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Personally think you should be relegated seeing as 990 of your 1000 posts have been the same as in "I agree with brucie"
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, Mr. Willow, I did see James Brown a number of times. By the time he was with us [Whitby Town] his long-term injury (I think his knee) had reached the stage where he could not go on or chance a serious injury. I think he retires after he left us. He did score a few goals and clearly was, in his day, a very good player.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Willowgull wrote:Well done Wivelgull. Is the next milestone 1500?

My cousins brother-in-law played a few games for Whitby a couple of years ago (James Brown). Did you get to see him play?

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

wivelgull wrote:Yes, Mr. Willow, I did see James Brown a number of times. By the time he was with us [Whitby Town] his long-term injury (I think his knee) had reached the stage where he could not go on or chance a serious injury. I think he retires after he left us. He did score a few goals and clearly was, in his day, a very good player.

Wivelgull - Yes, James did have a serious knee injury and was only about 27 when he retired. His knee was the reason he left Hartlepool. James had a brief spell with Gateshead before ending up at Whitby. James is now a driving instructor in his home town of Seaton Sluice (near Whitley Bay).
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Trojan 67 wrote:

:engflag:
Awesome!! I had not seen that before, thanks for sharing.
I did know that Jeff Stelling rated him very highly. When I saw James last I found a signed photograph from Jeff and the rest of the soccer Saturday team.