You cannot make a post so soon after your last one...

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

You cannot make a post so soon after your last one...

Post by ferrarilover »

I FU :red: ING COULD IF YOU'D LET ME, YOU COMPUTERY
C :red: T!

Edited for minors and today's generation of safe-space snowflakes.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Matt, for someone I thought was almost as intelligent as me, you appear to have missed a trick here. Because you can certainly post again immediately after your last one. All you have to do is choose the option to edit your last post, then add your new post at the end of the previous one. OK strictly speaking it's not a new post, but an addendum to the last, but if it's that urgent or important, this would be a perfect solution. Alternatively, you could wait a month before posting a new post, by which time it will not seem so urgent or important, and then you needn't bother. This is always my preferred option, except that 99% of my posts are urgent and important..
Last edited by Gullscorer on 30 Oct 2016, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:I FU :red: ING COULD IF YOU'D LET ME, YOU COMPUTERY

Matt.
Well it won't Matt.

So cool your jets....

Plank. =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:Matt, for someone I thought was almost as intelligent as me, you appear to have missed a trick here. Because you can certainly post again immediately after your last one. All you have to do is choose the option to edit your last post, then add your new post at the end of the previous one. OK strictly speaking it's not a new post, but if it's that urgent or important, this would be a perfect solution. Alternatively, you could wait a month before posting a new post, by which time it will not seem so urgent or important, and then you needn't bother. This is always my preferred option, except that 99% of my posts are urgent and important..
And thanks for that.... :)

I'll sleep a lot better tonight/this morning....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

You're welcome. Nicky. Oh, and don't worry about snowflakes, Matt. We're slowly heading for a new mini ice age. Global warming, aka climate change as they now like to refer to it, ain't gonna happen. But all you need to do with a snowflake, should it be necessary, is either (a) subject it to the white heat of logic, or (b) give it a kiss.. :)
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

ferrarilover wrote:I FU :red: ING COULD IF YOU'D LET ME, YOU COMPUTERY

Matt.
That perfect description of many (but not all) of the younger generation made me laugh out loud Matt :lol:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:Matt, for someone I thought was almost as intelligent as me, you appear to have missed a trick here. Because you can certainly post again immediately after your last one. All you have to do is choose the option to edit your last post, then add your new post at the end of the previous one. OK strictly speaking it's not a new post, but an addendum to the last, but if it's that urgent or important, this would be a perfect solution. Alternatively, you could wait a month before posting a new post, by which time it will not seem so urgent or important, and then you needn't bother. This is always my preferred option, except that 99% of my posts are urgent and important..
Did I really read this or am I having a bad dream? :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: Did I really read this or am I having a bad dream? :-/

I always knew you had no sense of humour.. ;-)
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

It's set to 60 seconds primarily to stop "attackers" from setting up multiple accounts and flooding the forum with non stop posts which could potentially crash the server. These days you can never be too safe. If you take less than 60 seconds to make a post after just submitting another then the post is probably not worth it anyway, in which case you should edit your last post instantly to add that second comment.

[/funpolice]
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest