trying to contact wisconsin_Gull

General chat about anything else goes here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

trying to contact wisconsin_Gull

Post by Glostergull »

Hi Guys. hoping to contact Wisconsin Gull if any of you can pass this post on. thanks

Hi Wisconsin. How are you. am presently in the USA down in Wilmington.Delaware. loving every minute of it so far here. will be coming up to Niagara soon. may even get over near where you are too. not sure Yet. and it is possible I may move here for a longer spell in the music goes ok
God speed
Andrew. Glostergull
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

hey, there are more of us exiles in the States!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

What have you done with the Jag?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote:What have you done with the Jag?
I still have it. ready for the road.. It still looks beautiful but sadly the US authorities won't let me import it into the country.
Would love to hear from other US exiles.
Where are you all?

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Glostergull wrote: I still have it. ready for the road.. It still looks beautiful but sadly the US authorities won't let me import it into the country.
Why can't you take your Jag into the US? Do the Americans think it's islamic ? :whistle:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

tomogull wrote: Why can't you take your Jag into the US? Do the Americans think it's islamic ? :whistle:
No its to do with emmisions. you can't import any car into america unless your a manufacturer and can provide proof that your car will meet the latest standards. so second hand cars are banned. doesn't matter if its a classic or not. of course I would imagine certain rich individuals could rub a few palms and say its for their museum but I aint in that category just yet.
haven't seen one asian cousin since Ive been here. it really hot every day but the pool is at hand so i aint too worried. and my driver is available most of the time. if I can make it here I will be really happy. just miss United at home and real bread sausages bacon and the usual things like tea .
by the way. would this be Matt I'm chatting to?

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Glostergull wrote: No its to do with emmisions. you can't import any car into america unless your a manufacturer and can provide proof that your car will meet the latest standards. so second hand cars are banned. doesn't matter if its a classic or not. of course I would imagine certain rich individuals could rub a few palms and say its for their museum but I aint in that category just yet. by the way. would this be Matt I'm chatting to?
No - I'm NOT Matt. How dare you ????!!! ;-) I do miss his grown-up posts, though. Good luck in the States - hope it all works out for you. :-D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Glostergull wrote:Would love to hear from other US exiles.
Where are you all?

I'm in Newtown, Connecticut.

I know there's another exile in LA, and I believe one one in the Chicago area. Tom Dart, TUFC fan who used to write at the Times (I think) is now in the Houston area.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

so we have fans in Connecticut. Chicago. Wisconsin and houston and I'm in Wilmington Delaware. any others. Do i hear anyone in California. Portland. Colorado. come out come out wherever you are.
Sorry happytorq. because of the way it was written it sounded like the sort of thing Matt would say. lol haven't heard from him in a while but met his mum on the terraces the other week.