Charlton's letter to a fan.

General chat about anything else goes here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Charlton's letter to a fan.

Post by Orange Gull »

I know that we criticise the club for its relationship with the fan base sometimes but it pales in significance compared to something I saw earlier. Saying that you can only get your season ticket that you have paid for if you promise not to write mean things about the club is outrageous.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 14.47.23.png
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I was unable to read that letter, but if what you say is correct then surely it is open to legal challenge? To lay down conditions for the purchase of an item after it has been bought must breach the law of contract and/or the Sale of Goods Act?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

There is no law of contract, as such.

The question here is whether the goods have, in fact, been sold. I'm busy, so I'll be brief:

The listing of the STs on the website/twitter etc is an ITT, not an offer.
The offer comes from the fan who contacts the club and says he'd be happy to pay the advertised price in exchange for a ST.
There's no acceptance on the part of the club until the money and goods change hands.
These new conditions represent a counter-offer, ostensibly capable of being accepted.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

But surely if the money has already changed hands, then the goods become the property of the purchaser, whether or not he has taken possession of them. And apparently this all happened before the club laid down new conditions, by which time it was not entitled to do so..?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ah, yes, image now displaying on phone.

It seems that the transaction has been completed.

The matey could sue for performance, if he so wished.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"