The next General Election: who will you vote for?

General chat about anything else goes here.

The next General Election: who will you vote for?

1. Conservative
77%
2. Green Party
No votes
3. Labour
10%
4. Liberal-Democrats
6%
5. Plaid Cymru
No votes
6. Scottish National Party
No votes
7. United Kingdom Independence Party
4%
8. Other
3%

Total votes: 119

ManxGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Matt Hockley

Post by ManxGull »

I wudnt of voted Farage anyhow so im not worried
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

UKIP are a spent force, now brexit is a reality their supporters are going back to the Tory party.
Labour could be another spent force. Assuming they are facing a massive defeat there are still no signs that corbyn/momentum/unite will throw in the towel when that defeat comes.
That leaves Britain as a one party state for the foreseeable future. Where democracies are dominated by a single party corruption is rife such as with the ANC in south Africa or even the SNP in Scotland.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So that's the local elections out of the way, and only the Conservatives appear to have come through with any real degree of success. Not too surprising. The Labour Party still have their internal divisions, and UKIP likewise have been their own worst enemy. Not surprising at all that UKIP voters (and many Labour ones) are now voting Conservative, as the only party able to achieve a successful Brexit for the country. Many who voted Remain in the Referendum have also now accepted the Referendum result and want to see the Government make a success of Brexit.

Lib Dems and other Remainers will not be too happy; neither will their more extreme friends the Greens and the feminist 'social justice warriors' and the likes of Blair and Mandelson and Gina Miller. These people, rather than see a successful Brexit for the UK, will do all in their power to delay and damage and de-rail the process. They should realise that there comes a point where their opposition is tantamount to treasonable activity; otherwise the country will be unable to forgive them.

Not that the country need worry too much. It looks like Theresa May and the Conservatives will have a landslide victory in the General Election. And if she delivers the Brexit goods (and no deal will be better than a bad deal) even Paul Nuttall's UKIP and Nigel Farage himself will be far from unhappy.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: 05 May 2017, 21:49 They should realise that there comes a point where their opposition is tantamount to treasonable activity;
So disagreeing with government policy is to be criminalised, got you. I like this open, inclusive vision for Britain that you seem to have.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I sometimes wonder if you get anything at all. Disagreement is one thing, and is to be expected, being an essential part of the political discourse. But when these activists get up to dirty tricks designed to thwart the democratic process, they cross a red line which no democracy can tolerate. An obvious example is to be seen in all the protests and demonstrations following the EU referendum and the Trump election. All the violence emanates from the left-wing 'anti-Fascist' students and activists: these are the true Fascists, who project their intolerance on to decent people, the Brexiters, Farage and Trump voters. Their lies and 'false flag' activities, their attribution of 'fake news' to their political opponents, their attempts to censor and silence and to shut down debate, continue unabated. And rather than accepting the majority decision to leave the EU and to make a success of an independent Britain's future in the world, they are still doing their damnedest to sabotage and defeat the democratic will of the people. At best this is unpatriotic. At worst, yes, it is treasonable activity.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 04:37 But when these activists get up to dirty tricks designed to thwart the democratic process, they cross a red line which no democracy can tolerate.
Yes, providing checks and balances on the government, how dare they?
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 04:37 An obvious example is to be seen in all the protests and demonstrations following the EU referendum and the Trump election.
We have freedom of assembly in this country, and have a right to protest, it's what separates us from states like Russia and tinpot dictatorships. They're an important part of the democratic process so you should love them.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 04:37 All the violence emanates from the left-wing 'anti-Fascist' students and activists: these are the true Fascists, who project their intolerance on to decent people, the Brexiters, Farage and Trump voters.
What violence has erupted at pro-EU marches since last June? Calling these people fascists just highlights your own intolerance.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 04:37 Their lies and 'false flag' activities, their attribution of 'fake news' to their political opponents,
I think it's a bit hypocritical to moan about fake news all the time and only post links from Breitbart and to just ignore that Trump and Spicer are the main instigators of fake news.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 04:37 their attempts to censor and silence and to shut down debate, continue unabated.
Actually this is what you do, by labelling those who think differently as fascists, traitors, and treasonous.

The intolerance, the bigotry and the hatred that fuelled Thomas Mair is a alive and well I see.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

1. So dirty tricks in your eyes are merely checks and balances..
2. Freedom of assembly and protest, when they turn violent, are in no way a part of the democratic process;
3. Do you not see the news? Pro-EU, anti-Trump demonstrations, and student mobs shutting down campus talks by those (e.g. Milo Yiannopoulos) they disagree with. If they look like Fascists and behave like Fascists..
4. The main instigators of fake news? Really? Are you joking? It is a common trick of ideologues and totalitarian activists to project onto their opponents the worst qualities of which they themselves are guilty.
5. Thinking differently is fine. I've had many an excellent discussion with those presenting cogent and reasonable arguments. But you cannot argue with Fascists, totalitarian mobs, ideological fanatics, and extremists. That is where you'll find intolerance, bigotry and hatred. They rarely have an argument to offer, relying instead on personal abuse, bullying, fear, and lies. Please, open your eyes, and your mind.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:31 1. So dirty tricks in your eyes are merely checks and balances..
What dirt tricks? An independent judiciary making sure that parliament had a vote on Article 50? I thought you wanted power returned to Westminster, not Brussels.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:31 2. Freedom of assembly and protest, when they turn violent, are in no way a part of the democratic process;
I've asked you for examples of violence by pro-EU activists. If you want to provide any then that would be helpful.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:31 3. Do you not see the news? Pro-EU, anti-Trump demonstrations, and student mobs shutting down campus talks by those (e.g. Milo Yiannopoulos) they disagree with. If they look like Fascists and behave like Fascists..
Again, any evidence for this at pro-EU demonstrations or marches? I'm aware of what's happened in the US, but we're not talking about that, that is a totally different topic and we're focusing on the UK.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:31 4. The main instigators of fake news? Really? Are you joking? It is a common trick of ideologues and totalitarian activists to project onto their opponents the worst qualities of which they themselves are guilty.
You'd have to be pretty ignorant to ignore Trumps long history of outright lies and falsehoods. Saying no administration had done ore in the first 90 days, that his was the biggest inauguration attendance ever, the lie about winning the most electoral college votes since Reagan, Spicer's alarming statement that Hitler did not use chemical weapons, Trump claiming without evidence that there was widespread voter fraud in November, lying about the murder rate being the highest in 45 years, lied about being in Britain the day before the referendum on the EU, lied about fatal shootings happening while Obama gave his farewell speech in Chicago.

You see, if you care so deeply about fake news, perhaps you should start with the man you so clearly admire.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:31 5. Thinking differently is fine. I've had many an excellent discussion with those presenting cogent and reasonable arguments. But you cannot argue with Fascists, totalitarian mobs, ideological fanatics, and extremists. That is where you'll find intolerance, bigotry and hatred. They rarely have an argument to offer, relying instead on personal abuse, bullying, fear, and lies. Please, open your eyes, and your mind.
You've yet to provide any examples of these fascists, totalitarian mobs, ideological fanatics and extremists. Do you really honestly think that someone taking part in a pro-EU march in London is one of these labels?

Don't you see? You are one of those you rail against, you have nothing to offer but intolerance and hatred. You rant against those you disagree with as fascists and Marxists for example but you have little argument behind these insults. This is no surprise though, the far-left and far-right have always had more in common with each other than either would like to admit.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

1. I wasn't referring to court actions, but since you mention it, interesting is it not that when the Article 50 vote didn't go the way they wanted, the Remainers are all now calling for a second referendum! Those same Remainers who wanted Parliament to be supreme for the Article 50 vote, yet who are quite happy for the UK to be subsumed into an undemocratic European political union.
2. Examples of violence by pro-EU activists? Take your pick from these links; I'm not going to choose for you, you really should carry out some research of your own. http://www.breitbart.com/search/?s=viol ... gsc.page=1 You'll be pleased to know there will probably be a few violent extreme right examples included here, but all the links are on the Breitbart website, so you'll probably dismiss the rest as invalid. You'll be unlikely to find them on the BBC or in the Guardian.
3 and 4. You say we're not talking about the US (we're actually talking about violent demonstrating mobs here) but then you go on to talk at length about Trump whilst ignoring the lies and falsehoods of Clinton. But we're not talking about either of them here.
5. If you haven't seen for yourself over the past couple of years any examples of what I've been pointing out, then your blindness must be due to your mindset being of a similar nature to the extremists and ideologues I've been talking about. I suppose you even believe that Nigel Farage and Marine Le Pen are far right..
Last edited by Gullscorer on 06 May 2017, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
ManxGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Matt Hockley

Post by ManxGull »

its easy to dismiss breitbart because its a right wing website that produces more shit than I do , and I believe Le Pen is Right Wing because of what she says and believes in and Farage is just a failed tory claiming to be the working mans friend whilst lineing his pockets but right wing probably not think the only thing he believes in is nick farage
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 15:56 1. I wasn't referring to court actions, but since you mention it, interesting is it not that when the Article 50 vote didn't go the way they wanted, the Remainers are all now calling for a second referendum!
The Lib Dems have had as their policy since 23rd June that there should be a referendum on the terms of the deal, to claim this is actually since the article 50 vote is not true. I guess you could say it's fake news?
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 15:56 2. Examples of violence by pro-EU activists? Take your pick from these links; I'm not going to choose for you, you really should carry out some research of your own. http://www.breitbart.com/search/?s=viol ... gsc.page=1 You'll be pleased to know there will probably be a few violent extreme right examples included here, but all the links are on the Breitbart website, so you'll probably dismiss the rest as invalid. You'll be unlikely to find them on the BBC or in the Guardian.
That link does not lead to any article. You said very clearly that pro-EU activists and demonstrators are guilty of violence, and you've failed to back that up.
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 15:56 3 and 4. You say we're not talking about the US (we're actually talking about violent demonstrating mobs here) but then you go on to talk at length about Trump whilst ignoring the lies and falsehoods of Clinton. But we're not talking about either of them here.
That was a seperate point in reference to protests and riots in the US, which are unconnected to marches and demonstrations in the UK. As you tried to claim that Trump has no record of lying or fake news then I thought it prudent to challenge that. That all you can say is "oh but Hilary is just as bad" is a pretty poor excuse isn't it?
Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 15:56 5. If you haven't seen for yourself over the past couple of years any examples of what I've been pointing out, then your blindness must be due to your mindset being of a similar nature to the extremists and ideologues I've been talking about. I suppose you even believe that Nigel Farage and Marine Le Pen are far right..
[/quote]
That you can't come up with any examples of what you're talking about says a lot. You're just ranting vaguely about fascists, extremists and traitors with no substance or reason. As your hero might say, sad!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The link I provided led to more links which linked to numerous articles. Take your time to look through them. I'm not doing your homework for you. Of course, I need hardly say that you're being guilty of the exact same things you're accusing me of.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: 06 May 2017, 17:58 The link I provided led to more links which linked to numerous articles. Take your time to look through them. I'm not doing your homework for you. Of course, I need hardly say that you're being guilty of the exact same things you're accusing me of.
No, it leads to nothing. You can't just make such bold claims and then refuse to back them up. This is what the far-left do when you ask them to back up their accusations of racism and islamophobia. Again, you have more in common with them than you realise.
Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 18.18.04.png
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm getting tired of this. You obviously didn't have the sense, nor the curiosity, to scroll down that page to find the links (ten pages of them). Try again.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

The only links further down are in regards to Most Popular and From the Homepage. I'm not quite sure how, for example, an article on Ellen DeGeneres talking about Trump or another on a series of murders in Mexico is relevant to anything you have been on about. Again, when you feel like producing actual evidence for the claims you make, i.e. that pro-EU activists are inherently violent and demonstrations turn into riots please feel free to let me know.

Of course, that won't happen so I expect to see more ravings on feminist Marxist social justice warrior treasonous remainer fascistic traitors.