R.I.P MUHAMMAD ALI

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

R.I.P MUHAMMAD ALI

Post by chunkygull »

MUHAMMAD ALI - Apart from my parents I have had 3 people for most of my life I have been a big fan of and looked up to, you could call them my heroes or idols, all 3 of which I have collected memorabillia, videos, dvds, posters, t shirts, canvas pics, books etc - Elvis Presley, Freddie Mercury and "The Greatest Muhammad" Ali. I am really sad and upset today bcause as I feared since Thursday this was finally the last round for the champ and now the final bell has tolled, as upsetting as it is though I take comfort in the fact that he will no longer be suffering, and want to celebrate the fact that he leaves behind a great legacy in and out of the boxing ring which has brought entertainment, inspiration, hope and joy to millions not only as a boxer fighting in the ring but as a fighter for justice outside it, he was a personality, an ambassador, a role model, a statesman, a campaigner, and a wonderful human being. Yes he had some dark days and controversial moments but he grew as a person, changed as a person, stood up and sacrificed for his beliefs, took risks, showed great courage and never ducked a challenge in life or in boxing.

R.I.P CHAMP, and thanks, you will never be forgotten, YOU ARE "THE GREATEST"!
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We idolised the same 3 people. Echo every word.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Most of these sorts of sporting Gods are tainted by something. Drink, drugs, bizarre sexual proclivities. Ali suffered none of these and that made him virtually unique. There is the argument that illness took away his opportunity to fall foul of these things for much of his life, but that's unfair.

A real champion in all regards, the world is a better place for his having influenced it.