Congratulations Leicester City F C

General chat about anything else goes here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Congratulations Leicester City F C

Post by portugull »

This is very good for Football. Magnificent achievement.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Almost feel bad for managers of teams like Stoke, Swansea, Everton. Because now they can't say "But I got the team to 8th, that's pretty good!"

Because the owners/chairmen will just say "Ranieri got Leicester to win the thing, get out of here!"

Think this could be a sign of things to come, as with the new tv money teams are not resigned to selling their best players as soon as a 'big' team comes along. That said, I think Chelsea wins the league next year because they'll have a new manager, (presumably) expensive new signings, and - this is important - they won't be competing in Europe. Over the course of the next few years, though, there are a lot of team from 'lower down' who could do well. West Ham, certainly, are one.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

"they won't be competing in Europe" I think this will become more and more important over the coming years. With the risk of England losing a Champions League place still in play and more teams now challenging at the top there will be more 'big' teams not playing in Europe - we could see a good rotation of Premier League winners for some time to come.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

With City doing well in CL this season and Lpool in Europa then i think our coefficient is okay for a while - we could also end up with 5 CL places next season if City and Lpool win each comp