Truro in National League South play-offs

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Truro in National League South play-offs

Post by Gullscorer »

So they could be playing us next season. Would still be a hell of a long way to go for a local derby though..
Robin10

Post by Robin10 »

Gullscorer wrote:So they could be playing us next season. Would still be a hell of a long way to go for a local derby though..
Well Cheltenham are up and Forest Green could get promoted via the play-offs,so we need a "local derby" in some shape or form!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Just under 90 miles, so yes, it would be a bit closer than Cheltenham or FGR. And if it's not in the depths of winter, it could be combined with a nice weekend on the Cornish Riviera..
Robin10

Post by Robin10 »

Gullscorer wrote:Just under 90 miles, so yes, it would be a bit closer than Cheltenham or FGR. And if it's not in the depths of winter, it could be combined with a nice weekend on the Cornish Riviera..
Be able to sing" You Dirty Southern Barstewards" for that one :lol:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I don't think we're going to see Truro in the National League next season - they lost 2 - 0 in the first leg at home to Margate. But that's taking nothing away from what Steve Tully and Wayne Carlisle have achieved in Truro's first season in the National South.
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

tomogull wrote:I don't think we're going to see Truro in the National League next season - they lost 2 - 0 in the first leg at home to Margate. But that's taking nothing away from what Steve Tully and Wayne Carlisle have achieved in Truro's first season in the National South.
tomogull - I think you will find that it was Maidstone that Truro lost to - Margate, while also in National League South, finished one place above the relegation zone - surviving by having a one goal better advantage than Havant and Waterlooville. Former Gull, Elliott Benyon's Hayes and Yeading were also relegated as were Basingstoke.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

DonnyGull50 wrote: tomogull - I think you will find that it was Maidstone that Truro lost to - Margate, while also in National League South, finished one place above the relegation zone - surviving by having a one goal better advantage than Havant and Waterlooville. Former Gull, Elliott Benyon's Hayes and Yeading were also relegated as were Basingstoke.
Ah yes - Maidstone - thanks. Never very good at Geography. As well as Elliott Benyon, Shepherd 'I want regular first team football' Murombedzi went down with Hayes & Yeading :whistle:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Maidstone beat Truro - 3 - 0 aggregate and Ebbsfleet beat Whitehawk on penalties so Maidstone/Ebbsfleet final. In National North, the final is between North Ferriby and AFC Fylde. In the National League, Forest Green beat Dover and Grimsby beat Braintee after extra time. So FGR v Grimsby in the final.