FA Vase Semi Finals

General chat about anything else goes here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

FA Vase Semi Finals

Post by Glostergull »

Don't know if any of you have kept up with other competitions or not..Bur the FA Vase has thrown up an interesting Semi final match with re launched Herford Utd. now known as Hereford FC v Sailbusry FC. Both teams having come on herd times in the not to distant past.
The other semi is betweeen Morpeth and Bowers and Pitsea being played intestinally enough at Concorde Rangers Ground. due to Waterlogged pitch.I dint think that was permissible but apparently it must be. so they take a very short trip along the beach. can't be far as Canvey Island isn't very big anyway.. Long journey for Morpeth though..
Getting back to Hereford and Salisbury. now both managed by former League Stirkers. Peter beadle formally striker at bristol Rovers and Ryan Green both of bristol Rovers and a short spell in loan at Plainmoor has seen an interesting upturn in greens fortunes since he left the league at the Mem, will the lift the trophy for their first success since being reformed. interestedly there is an FA investigation after some idiot threw a flare onto the pitch in the quarter final. so they haven't got rid of the idiots there yet.
Salisbury thought have a certain Steve Claridge in charge. I have no love for this guy who seems to be a know all and now is the time to see if he really does know it all. I don't know who the team will be but they do have Ex Bristol Rovers Striker Jamie white in the squad. not that he ever scored for Rovers. but he has League experience. I tip hereford for this one..will be an interesting afternoon of football
As i finish this. the commentary says its a full house of Near 5000. ooh that we could get a gate like that. as I swap back to our game and the crowd is so quiet compared with Edgar street its almost enough to make one cry.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Good to see these two 'phoenix' clubs playing again, and great for the fans; neither of the original clubs' demise was the fault of the clubs, but of the dubious owners who had taken them over.

There are certain other 'phoenix' clubs now playing in the Football League about whom I have no such feelings, but most of all, MKFC Dons or whatever they call themselves, who should never have got started in the Football League in the first place. Justice was done to some extent when AFC Wimbledon was formed and fought their way back into the League.

All that remains now is for the Dons to be booted out. :@