Leave.EU Torbay

General chat about anything else goes here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Leave.EU Torbay

Post by Colorado Gull »

Our politicians say this country isn't good enough; too small to make a difference in the world. We say they have lost confidence in our country.

Imagine having £1,000 more to spend each year. By leaving the EU, each household could be better off by this amount - through cheaper food bills, no membership fees, with the cost of regulations lifted, too.

Imagine not having our laws dictated to us by Brussels. Instead, MPs would become accountable to the public and we would once again be able to make and decide on our own laws.

Imagine how we could then regain control of important issues such as our borders. We could welcome the right talent from all over the world - adding to the country’s already phenomenal cultural and economic strength, rather than having to accept all EU migrants regardless of skill level.

Imagine having greater influence over our global trade, so that we can do our own deals with fast-growing Commonwealth countries and North America (without 27 other EU countries all arguing for their own special interests!).

Imagine the sense of pride we would get from negotiating our own global trade deals; if Iceland can negotiate a free trade deal with China, then we most certainly can.

It's time to be a bigger part of the world rather than a smaller part of Europe. We believe Britain could do so much better outside of the EU.

The Electoral Commission has yet to announce designated organisations to represent the ‘Leave’ and the ‘Remain’ campaigns in the EU referendum and LEAVE.EU are hoping (and the favourites) to get approval.

LEAVE.EU was created by Aaron Banks and is funded by him and other donations from the (already) 400,000 supporters/members. It is a non-political party and is open to anyone across the political spectrum who is Eurosceptic. LEAVE.EU has support from around 1,300 councillors across the country, including 531 from the Cons, 134 from Lab, 194 from UKIP, 34 from the LDs, as well as the SNP and Plaid Cymru.

After looking at their website, I noticed that LEAVE.EU is setting up local groups. I took it upon myself to create LEAVE.EU Torbay and am now the LEAVE.EU Torbay leader/coordinator and will be looking to organise many different events, including action days and leaflet drops.

https://leave.eu/en/local-groups/group/leaveeu-torbay.

LEAVE.EU must stress that this is NOT a UKIP group, nor a group run by any other political party: this is LEAVE.EU with over 400,000 members and leading the ‘leave’ campaign. Please join the fastest growing Euro-sceptic organisation and please join LEAVE.EU Torbay.

With EU-sceptics across the political spectrum, together, we will win, we will triumph, and we will get our country back!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Do you really think that any savings which could theoretically be made by business or Governement will be passed on to the consumer/electorate? The idea that each household will be "£1000 better off" is naive at best.

Added in 7 minutes 8 seconds:
And to add to dannyrvtufc4life's statement that this is not a UKIP group, Aaron Banks is a major UKIP donor (and former Conservative donor) who had plans to stand as a parliamentary candidate for UKIP in the last election.

Added in 2 minutes 54 seconds:
He's an 'interesting' character to say the least!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... orker.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 73912.html
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

PhilGull wrote:Do you really think that any savings which could theoretically be made by business or Governement will be passed on to the consumer/electorate? The idea that each household will be "£1000 better off" is naive at best.

Added in 7 minutes 8 seconds:
A nd to add to dannyrvtufc4life's statement that this is not a UKIP group, Aaron Banks is a major UKIP donor (and former Conservative donor) who had plans to stand as a parliamentary candidate for UKIP in the last election.

Added in 2 minutes 54 seconds:
He's an 'interesting' character to say the least!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... orker.html

400,000 supporters/members. It is a non-political party and is open to anyone across the political spectrum who is Eurosceptic. LEAVE.EU has support from around 1,300 councillors across the country, including 531 from the Cons, 134 from Lab, 194 from UKIP, 34 from the LDs, as well as the SNP and Plaid Cymru.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm not a member nor a supporter of UKIP or any other political party, but it's fair to say that if it wasn't for UKIP there would be no EU referendum. Regardless of the antics of David Cameron, to my mind the case for leaving the EU is overwhelming and is basically a matter of principle. All those opposed to EU membership, whatever their reasons, should be working together to achieve this goal, and as far as I am aware, UKIP is quite happy to do this. After all, it's the only political party actually set up to achieve such a goal.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So what's the plan? If we vote to leave the EU what are we going to do going forward? What happens on day one? Week wone? Month one? Year one?
It's all very well saying we should vote for Brexit but I'm yet to here what a post EU Britain will look like.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is Phil a lot of the detail on a post EU Britain can't be worked out until the country votes to leave, as I'm sure you're and many are aware, if the country votes to leave it will not be case of ringing Brussels and saying cancel the DD'S we're out, there will be at least 6 months plus of negotiations on our exit from the EU.

Exit from the EU is nothing to be feared and to be fair there will scaremongering from both sides. the EU sells more to us than we do to them, they're not going to turn away from us and take their trade elsewhere, is not in their best interests to do that, EU companies and countries have numbers of billions pounds invested in this country and are not going to spend another number of billions of pounds moving out of the UK just because we left their precious little club.

The UK is the 5th largest economy in the world, the people of this country only ever voted to join the common market which is/was a good idea, we never voted to join the nightmare of ever closer union, to be controlled by unelected fraudsters making a small personal fortune out of controlling the people of Europe.

Leave the EU and we can go back to making our own trade deals, just as we did with some ease before getting sucked into the EU. The EU needs Britain a hell of a lot more than we need the EU, and if the iron ladyboy had been a bit harder he probably would/will get more concessions than the next to nothing he's managed so far.

The only people likely to suffer are those ex-pats who've invested in property in EU countries, the UK will be better off out.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

forevertufc wrote:Thing is Phil a lot of the detail on a post EU Britain can't be worked out until the country votes to leave, as I'm sure you're and many are aware, if the country votes to leave it will not be case of ringing Brussels and saying cancel the DD'S we're out, there will be at least 6 months plus of negotiations on our exit from the EU.

Exit from the EU is nothing to be feared and to be fair there will scaremongering from both sides. the EU sells more to us than we do to them, they're not going to turn away from us and take their trade elsewhere, is not in their best interests to do that, EU companies and countries have numbers of billions pounds invested in this country and are not going to spend another number of billions of pounds moving out of the UK just because we left their precious little club.

The UK is the 5th largest economy in the world, the people of this country only ever voted to join the common market which is/was a good idea, we never voted to join the nightmare of ever closer union, to be controlled by unelected fraudsters making a small personal fortune out of controlling the people of Europe.

Leave the EU and we can go back to making our own trade deals, just as we did with some ease before getting sucked into the EU. The EU needs Britain a hell of a lot more than we need the EU, and if the iron ladyboy had been a bit harder he probably would/will get more concessions than the next to nothing he's managed so far.

The only people likely to suffer are those ex-pats who've invested in property in EU countries, the UK will be better off out.
Ex-pats! You mean IMMIGRANTS! (or emmigrants from this angle). I do laugh when people refer to Brits in the EU as ex-pats (all lovely and cuddly) but EU members in the UK as immigrants (bad, evil scroungers).

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's up to the individual whether they choose to refer to people coming into, or out of their country as an immigrant, ex-pat or any other description, I, personally do not have that hang up.

Do I think net migration into this country is to high, yes, I do, the only way to control it, is to leave the EU. This country is currently discriminating against he commonwealth countries on immigration, we are stopping doctors, engineers, I.T experts coming in from across the commonwealth who could bring a great benefit to our country, in favour of letting in many from Eastern Europe, who are working 25 hours a week in shops, cleaning etc, who don't earn enough to pay tax, who do get in work benefits.

Who the government know, as well as the EU, are claiming benefits for children who are not even in this country, and that money is not staying in this country, it's being sent home, so of "no" benefit to our economy what so ever, as that money is being ploughed back into the economy of another country, and the EU are not going let us do anything about it.

It's coming from a percentage of tax you pay Phil, I pay, we all pay. If you and anyone else are happy with that, fine, vote to stay in that's your/our choice, I'm not, along with many other things, so will be voting to leave regardless.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I agree with Forever, though the number of Brits living in Spain, France, and other parts of Europe are comparatively small, and even they are not going to be kicked out of those countries simply because we leave the EU, any more than we are going to evict those Europeans who already live and work here.

But we have always had closer ties to Commonwealth countries than with Europe, countries we've had to discriminate against by reason of being in the EU. If we vote out, EU countries are not going to stop trading with us (as Forever has pointed out, they would not want to disadvantage themselves), but we can also make trade deals with Commonwealth countries and the rest of the world. Half of Australia's foreign trade is with China and Japan, but nobody has suggested those countries form a political union. Why should it be different for us?

However, as I said earlier, my main reason for wanting out is one of basic principle: we the British people must be able to control our own borders, our own laws, our own democratic freedoms, and our own destiny.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 11 Feb 2016, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Well said Forever and GS.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Britain Stronger in Europe myth number one.

According to the leading Europhile group who don't believe in Britain, "leaving Europe would threaten our safety and that we are stronger and more secure as part of Europe than our own." There are so many things that are incorrect with that statement, it is beyond belief.

Can you stop referring to the EU as Europe. The EU and Europe are two completely different things. Europe is a continent with a population of nearly 750 million people with an area of 3,931 million square miles and nearly 50 countries. The EU is an authoritarian organisation seeking to become a United States of Europe, with 28 countries as members. Leave.EU do not want to leave Europe, it is a fascinating and fantastic continent to be apart of. The amount of different languages, cultures, history, cheeses, wines, etc. But we do want to leave the European Union.

Going back to the aforementioned myth. Whilst being a member of the EU, we have no control whatsoever of our borders. Once anyone has an EU passport, they are legally allowed to enter Britain, regardless of their background. They could have a criminal record, we do not know due to the EU's free movement of peoples. How does this enhance our security? It doesn't.

We cannot deport foreign criminals who are a threat to our society, because they can appeal to the European Court of Human Rights and remain in our country. How does this enhance our security? It doesn't. The Europhiles like to scare you by saying we are stronger inside the EU because we can track criminals across Europe and our 'European partners' help us with that. If you really think that we can't do this whilst outside the EU, then you must be crazy. Tracking criminals wasn't an EU invention! It happened many years before the European project and it will happen afterwards, simple as that.

The EU Common Asylum Policy is one of the most catastrophic piece of legislation Europe has ever seen. It has opened up Europe's borders to the entire south of the Mediterranean, which has led to the migrant/refugee crisis. Moreover, it has made it even harder for those who are genuine refugees to seek help. When ISIS say that they will flood Europe with soldiers in disguise as refugees during the crisis, it's important that we listen to that. We all saw from the tragic Paris attacks that at least three of the men came through Greece that very same month. As soon as any member from ISIS is given an EU passport, they are legally allowed to come to Britain. How does this enhance our security? It doesn't. Britain Stronger in Europe have the cheek to say we must remain a member of the EU to tackle terrorism, absolutely insane.

We must leave the European Union to take back control of our borders, so we can ensure that our society is a safe one.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

:goodpost: :bow: :clap:

Well said! Are Question Time coming down here anytime soon?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree with all that Danny. Interesting to note a U.S citizen arrived at Auckland airport New Zealand on holiday, was found on search to have 5.5 g of cannabis in his possession, he was refused entry into the New Zealand and put on the first flight back home.

We can not do that in this country. Arnis Zalkalns came into this country having served 12 years for the murder of wife in Latvia, he took the life of 14 year old Alice Gross, we couldn't stop him from coming in, under free movement rules, staying in the EU doesn't make us safer, we need to leave the EU and European court of human rights.

That stopped us deporting about Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada from this country.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Cameron's 'agreement' is a joke; the 'promises' it contains can be ignored by the EU. The only real difference between Cameron's 'agreement' with the EU and Neville Chamberlain's agreement with Adolph Hitler is that Cameron was not waving a piece of paper on his return to the UK. http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/02/th ... f-and-won/

Other EU countries want us to remain in the EU? Of course they do, it's a great deal for them for us to continue to subsidise their EU handouts and their poor economies.

Bad for our economy if we leave? Nonsense. As Nigel Farage says, we are the fifth largest economy in the world. If a small country like Iceland can have trade deals with the rest of the world, so can we. We have a large trade deficit with the EU. How is that benefiting us? The EU is preventing us from doing our own global trade deals.

The EU has brought us great benefits? Nonsense. Not only have we paid in far more than we receive, the EU has been wasteful of its financial resources. Read 'The Great European Rip-off' by David Craig and Matthew Elliott.

Brexit a leap in the dark? Wake up Britain. Don't be lead sleep-walking into a EUSSSR with its corruption, waste, and mandatory EU directives.