The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes, as Gullscorer says, the Bank of England don't answer to the government at all, they just share a common interest, our money. If they tell us something is bad I'm inclined to do the opposite because their interests are definitely not good for me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Another article that does not surprise me, there are some on the remain side that will not even read this, they will not listen to alternative argument, some on the remain even asking how can we still justify Brexit.

I can not speak for how truly independent this person is, but with the Bank of England now changing it's tune, and the IMF partly funded by the EU, now admitting that there were, three economic scenarios regards the UK leaving the EU , and they just presented the worst case of the three, maybe there is something in this article.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n-Union-EU
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dave - that article appears in the Daily Express. Its sole purpose is to allow me to wipe my arse after a satisfying dump ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Did anybody see Tim Farron on the Daily Politics show this afternoon?

This man is so out of touch with what is happening, it's a wonder he knows who he is!!

Link below, in case you missed it, but be warned, you will want to punch your computer (or whatever you choose to view it on) in frustration after listening!!

http://bbc.in/2j5uy1y

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Farron is not the only extreme Remainer in Parliament, of course. But he exemplifies the type. He's a complete idiot. He contradicts himself with his arguments.

First, he supports the Remain campaign, for the British Parliament to be subject to the will of the unelected European Commission. Then, having lost the referendum, he became a Parliamentarian, and was happy with the High Court ruling that Parliament must vote on Article 50, which with a majority of Remainers, he assumed would vote to block article 50. When it looked as if the House of Commons would vote to trigger Article 50, he relied upon the House of Lords to block it, along with his back-up demand of a second referendum.

Now Theresa May says (rightly) that it will be a hard Brexit outside the Single Market, he rejects Parliament altogether and a second referendum becomes his main weapon of choice, along with Nicola Sturgeon's view that the EU Referendum result did not mandate a hard Brexit because voters were not specifically asked about it. Which is nonsense. We didn't need to be asked. We voted to leave.

Leaving the EU means controlling our own borders, making our own laws, and controlling our own destiny in the world. No other free trade organisation in the world requires political union. Only the EU. And since being a member of the EU requires membership of the single market (and adherence to the three rules of free movement of capital, labour/people, and services/whatever) it follows that leaving the EU means leaving the single market. QED.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Why were the leading brexiteers telling us we would not have to nescecarily leave single market in referendum campaign? What makes people think that the 27 European countries are happy to give the uk as good a deal as they have? Why do brexit people think remainers should get in line "you lost mate get over it" it's like being back in the playground. Accordingly by to the Daily Mail we are a " great nation reborn" aaaarrrrgggghhh
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

For that matter, why were all the Remainers forecasting immediate doom and gloom and an emergency recession budget if we voted 'leave'? And are still whinging and remoaning now? aaaarrrrgggghhh..
http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/left ... democracy/
Love this comment: Tim Farron (anagram) = Minor Fart :rofl:
Says it all.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

S4fedr1ve
Why were the leading brexiteers telling us we would not have to nescecarily leave single market in referendum campaign?

I must admit, S4fedrive has a better memory than me for who said what. If I'd had to guess I'd have said both sides gave the clear indication that Out of the E.U meant no more Single Market membership. Here's a reminder of a few of the opinions at the time.

https://t.co/lORI9DiZhM
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Nigel Farage Dan Hannan Boris Johnson all said there would be no need to exit single market in run up to the referendum.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No, Nigel Farage at no point said, there would no need to exit the single market.

Farage said this on his own FB page; ... May must "stop pretending" that the UK will still be a member of the Single Market, ...

However on the 7th of June said this; Nigel Farage warns of unprecedented protests if MPs block single market withdrawal and Nigel Farage said MPs who tried to block the UK's withdrawal from the single market after a vote for Brexit would be 'turfed out'.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... gle-market
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This whole vote leave told all these lies is becoming tiresome now, yes, vote leave were economical with the truth, but so were vote remain. What was it they said, an emergency budget would be required the next day, tax would go up, jobs lost, interest rates would go through the roof, the banking system would collapse, and world war 3 would start.....still waiting, yawn.

Now lets get started on Tim 'nice-but-dim' Farron ' theft of democracy' really ? the house of commons and lords voted the referendum bill into law, which gave the British people the chance to decide whether our country remained or left the EU.

There was only one question Dim, Tim, the answer was not multiple choice, yes or no. 17.4 million people voted to leave, the biggest democratic mandate ever handed down by the British people, the only theft of democracy here, would be, if the government didn't do want we voted for, that's leave the EU, and if that means no single market, so be it.

As the 4th largest economy in the world, we don't need it, short pain, for long term gain, I'm in.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Ok maybe ive been listening to politItions for to long And im coming out with false statements. I have dug out Boris and Hannan saying this but cant find anywhere Mr Farage saying it (i was convinced in my memory he did say it) Apologies if this was wrong.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No doubt the likes of Boris and others said it. Not aiming this at anyway at the poster above, but it's not the first Farage has been misquoted, again not aiming this at the poster above, think the problem is far to many people hiss, boo, and shout down Farage, if people spent more time listening to what he actual does say, they might find out, sometimes, he makes a lot sense, but they won't, because the media man on the telly told them he's racist, so he must be.

Farage has never been a supporter of the single market, this contains what he said 3 days after the vote; Farage said “increased global opportunities” awaited outside the single market among other things.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ion-brexit
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We don't have to be a member of the single market, but we can trade with the single market, just as the rest of the world does. In addition, we can make our own trade deals with the rest of the world. Great opportunities await us. Farage was right. Even in the worst case scenario of no deal at all with the EU, the UK will still be better off overall.

But it's not just about trade and economics of course. We'll be an independent nation, in control of our own borders, our own laws, and our own taxes. Meanwhile, Nicola Sturgeon claims to want independence for Scotland, but is quite happy for Scotland to be subsumed into the anti-democratic EU superstate.

Still want to remain? : http://www.ukip.org/honest_motorists_pe ... ance_rules