RIP DAVID BOWIE

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

RIP DAVID BOWIE

Post by chunkygull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie

Dont really need to say much.

Another great gone! Not many of his ilk left now.

Amazing hearing all the different songs today and realising how many you know and like. Definitely a true artist truly loved by a huge fan base, an influence on many peoples lives, a lot of people like his music and he was somebody many of us as an entertainer we took for granted. He certainly was one of a kind.

As a Queen fan I absolutely love the Under Pressure duet, its actually one of my favorites, and I remember the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert, the biggest talking point and most moving, poignant moment was when Bowie stopped proceedings and recited the Lords Prayer, 76,000 rock fans praying right along with him.

I like a lot of Bowies late 70's early 80's stuff , but this is my favorite -

[youtube]Tgcc5V9Hu3g[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I loved listening to David Bowie from an early age, Changes was always my favourite. He released a song recently (a year or so ago) and I thought it was a classic but for some reason never got much of a look-in but either way he is or was one of the most charismatic and lovely people the pop world has ever thrown into our lives. He was simply a musical genius, re-invented himself so many times and a real gentleman.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Changes is my fave too, and under pressure is a great collaboration between two magnificent vocalists.
Also liked Starman, and some of the stuff from the new album, released on Friday, is sublime. Have a listen to Lazarus if you get the chance. Bowie at his best.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com