Martin Ling Resigns

General chat about anything else goes here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Martin Ling Resigns

Post by Orange Gull »

What a shame that he's left Swindon after only 56 days and 9 games due to "health reasons", he seemed to be doing very well with them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/3 ... name=sport
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Very sad news and I just hope it's a case of him recognising the signs and doing right by himself.

I wish him a very speedy return to good health and all the very best for the future.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

the Question is. what are the health reasons that has forced his hand. if he felt he could take the pressure of the game again then found out he still had weakness's then he has been honest and told them before it got out of hand both for him and Swindon.. But it is possible he has had yet another health scare details of which we are unaware. we jumped to conclusions last time. lets not jump to the same sort again.
I was accused of being mentally ill and suffering a personality disorder when others decided in their wisdom i was the cause of my marriage break up. they discounted her previous infidelity and refused to look honestly at what the cause was. and I had in fact become seriously ill with stress. I had all sorts of problems due to that. its taken 2 years to recover from the stress .in addition to at least three other serious conditions which affect working and doing normal things you all can take for gtranted. Stress is a serious illness and can mess up your heart and how the body functions. All of you will well remember what happened in 2005. I didn't need to go through that again. Lets give Martin a break this time and let him have a bit of peace. either way. he knows better than us what he can and cannot cope with now. God Speed Martin. I wish you all the best.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Absolutely agree. Wish Martin all the very best, whatever the cause of his current health problems.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't see any evidence of people jumping to any conclusions, just wishing him well whatever the reasons are for his resignation.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Confirmed as due to "stresses of the job"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35201138

Wish him well as he tries to overcomes this battle.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com