Have a great Christmas all!

General chat about anything else goes here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Have a great Christmas all!

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just wanted to come on and wish everyone a happy Christmas, especially obviously those of you who I've met in the past. There is loads of negativity flying about on the forum at the moment (when is there not? It's TUFC! :clap: ) so just wanted to pass on my regards to you all and get you to think about things other than football for a time.

That said I think the festive period football wise is huge for the football club and i'm hoping that a few points can be put on the board so you can start the new year with a fighting chance going forward. I'm certain a win is just around the corner, especially when least expected. I'll do my bit, i'll put FGR in my acca's so guaranteeing 6 points from those two games. :clown:

That's it really. Just thought i'd take a minute out of my hugely busy schedule :lol: to wish everyone, their families and pets a great Christmas. I don't expect anyone to read this but if you do, well, there you go - enjoy yourselves, take care and get hammered (responsibly though). :-o
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Yep, Merry Christmas Andy, most people dont seem to enjoy it or care about it these days but sod em. Its not and shouldnt be about booze, food, presents, shiny things, it should be about being thoughtful, goodwill, appreciating loved ones and spending time together. I get so annoyed at people who are fortunate, well enough off or still have all their family and they piss and moan about how crap it is or they cant be bothered or wish it was all over.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night, God bless us everyone, and please, please Santa give our football team a Christmas miracle that will sort us out, I've been a really good boy this year...... Honest!
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Thanks Andy. A merry Christmas to you and yours, health, wealth and happiness in the coming year.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Well, my favorite day of the year Christmas Eve is nearly over and as usual I have tried to soak it all up, drink it all in and saturate myself in that warm, fuzzy, nostalgic, glowing feeling. We have been observing our rituals and little traditions and the philosophical side of me comes to the fore.

I understand fully why some wouldnt like Christmas, either the loneliness it can bring when you have lost loved ones, when you have no money to enjoy the finer things, no company, no home to call your own or people to share it with, if you have suffered tragedy or misfortune. Some people hate the rituals, spending time with the family and what they call general naffness, well if you have all your loved ones, a job, a house, money or resources to make merry in the first place it should just be a time to take stock, give thanks, enjoy your nearest and dearest, or keep Christmas in your own little way, just relax, try not to let the pressures and stress get to you.

I dont look at Christmas as presents, food, booze, money etc. I like the feeling it brings, the true meaning and just spending time with those I love. I used to love the partying but those days are gone and I dont even drink any more. o:)

I am going to share what really started me loving Christmas, not taking it for granted, trying to make the most of it and fully appreciating it. It is merely a film which wasnt even big at the time it came out, over the years it has gained a cult following and is one of the best loved Christmas films. Scrooged, yes I know it was an adaptation of A Christmas Carol which is a timeless classic and shouldnt be bettered but it is the final few minutes and Bill Murrays character Frank Cross's monologue after he has been shown the error of his ways just like the original Ebeneezer Scrooge which ever since I saw this in the late 80's has resonated with me and made me think, now its a mantra I really live by this time of year and try to in life as much as possible all year round, it fully sums up how I feel about Christmas and how it should be and how I wish we could all be more like it all year round.

I have just watched Love Actually, and my favorites Elf and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation today, now I'm filled to the brim with Christmas Spirit and its time to finish the months build up with my all time favorite film Scrooged, not ashamed to say tears usually flow as I take stock of the last year.

Just watch this clip and you may get what I mean, apparently Murray adlibbed most of it, which makes it even better (Even the song resonates) -

[youtube]eObVoC0dOp0[/youtube]

[youtube]YVvkj7jL-RM[/youtube]

Here is the excerpt that really resonates with me -
I'm not crazy. It's Christmas Eve.

It's the one night when we all act a little nicer.

We...we smile a little easier. We...we...share a little more.

For a couple of hours we are the people we always hoped we would be.

It's really a miracle because it happens every Christmas Eve.

And if you waste that miracle, you're gonna burn for it. I know.

You have to do something. You have to take a chance and get involved.

There are people that don't have enough to eat and who are cold.

You can go and greet these people.

Take an old blanket out to them or make a sandwich and say, "Here."

"l get it now."

And if you give, then it can happen, the miracle can happen to you.

Not just the poor and hungry, Everybody's gotta have this miracle!

It can happen tonight for you all!

If you believe in this pure thing,

the miracle will happen and you'll want it again tomorrow!

You won't say, "Christmas is once a year and it's a fraud." It's not!

It can happen every day! You've just got to want that feeling!

You'll want it every day! It can happen to you!

I believe in it now.

I believe it's gonna happen to me, now. I'm ready for it!

And it's great. It's a good feeling.

It's better than I've felt in a long time.

I'm ready.

Have a Merry Christmas. Everybody.

Calvin!

Did I forget something, big man?

God bless us, every one.

Merry Christmas to you all, and may you all have good health and good fortune next year and every year.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Merry Christmas Andy.
Formerly known as forevertufc