Eva Carneiro v Jose Mourinho

General chat about anything else goes here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Eva Carneiro v Jose Mourinho

Post by tomogull »

I see in today's Press that Eva Carneiro is sueing Chelsea for constructive dismissal. I have been mystified ever since the actual incident took place. How could the 'chosen one' accuse Carneiro and her colleague of being impulsive and naive when they wouldn't be able to go on to the pitch until they were signalled to do so by the referee? Maybe someone with refereeing experience could explain Jose's gripe. The other thing that Mourinho will learn from all this is ....... don't mess with a woman !!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

What annoyed me about this incident was that at no point did Mourinho think to criticise his player for feigning injury, if Hazard hadn't been rolling about on the floor then the medics wouldn't have needed to go on at all.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Mourinho is The Special One. Moyes was The Chosen One.

Mourinho doesn't blame The Doctorie One for doing her job. He couldn't care less about her. Just the same as he doesn't give a damn about the BBC, Maggie Thatcher, referees, a mystical conspiracy against his side, or little green men from Mars. He does all this to get people talking about him and not about how **** useless his team is.

It's a tactic as old as time and it works.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"*

Matt.

*Points if anyone can tell me which song featured that line, taken directly from the film.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

James Taylor - Me and my guitar.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I don't think he had a gripe, I think it was his usual attempt to deflect a bad performance onto something else rather than his players. He was expecting the next day's papers to lead with this and then it would be forgotten. This time however, it blew up into a media frenzy and has been followed by defeat after defeat, which he never expected. If they'd won the next 5 games afterwards then I think it would have gone differently. Ego has meant he is unable to back down and has had to see it through.

As it is though, Mourinho getting the payback he actually deserves is pretty funny for everyone else to watch. Regarding the incident with Dr Carneiro, the medical staff did their job. They are there to look after the players, not as pawns for his gamesmanship. There is no justification at all for punishing the medical staff because his player was cheating and his side lost. It'll cost Chelsea financially when she wins and it's already cost them massively on the pitch. Karma, really.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote:I don't think he had a gripe, I think it was his usual attempt to deflect a bad performance onto something else rather than his players. He was expecting the next day's papers to lead with this and then it would be forgotten .....
Or as I said in my original post, don't mess with a woman !!!! ;-) Your post is exactly how I read the incident, Gulliball.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote: ............ and then it would be forgotten .......
And that's another thing, Gulliball. Jose should know by now that women NEVER forget ANYTHING !!!!!! :whistle: