The class of 92 on BBC

General chat about anything else goes here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

The class of 92 on BBC

Post by Neal »

Thoroughly enjoyed this program.

I empathised with the die hard Salford City supporters. Goes to show that there are many decent people who love football, want to get involved and receive no rewards, other than the club they love surviving.

One guy said if he wanted success he could go to city or Utd round the corner. Was sceptical about the billionaire investor and basically was happy helping, supporting a struggling club. he also said he wasn't that bothered about the club moving up the leagues.

Funny that, that is how I feel. in fact after I watched that I asked myself what would STOP me going to see my club. The answer IS, If we ever got a rich investor, and got us promoted up to say Championship I would stop going. It wouldn't be the club I have supported all these years anymore. Parking would be a nightmare, queues to get in, queues for everything. Standing next to people who now so called supported the club but were nowhere to be seen when at bottom of conference. Couldn't stand it.

So the bottom line is I will support the club how ever far we fall, BUT wont if we ever got to the top tiers of football. Funny ole game.
TUST MEMBER
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Agree totally, Neal. I've never been one to clamour for success unless it's achieved by good honest endeavour. Buying success isn't my way of doing things and never has been.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Neal wrote:Standing next to people who now so called supported the club but were nowhere to be seen when at bottom of conference.
I have seen so many AFC Bournemouth shirts around here this year, wonder how many of those fans have suddenly materialised? And not surprisingly, I haven't noticed many Yeovil ones...how times change!

I'd forgotten this programme was on so will catch up with it tonight in the absence of Emmerdale!