Back To The Future Day.

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Back To The Future Day.

Post by chunkygull »

Its here, in the film Back To The Future 2, Marty McFly went to the future and arrived on Wednesday 21st October 2015 at 4.29 pm.

Much has been made of this in the media and online in the last few days. Although fiction, much has been talked about which predictions were correct or how close is 2015 in reality to the film.

I personally love the Back to The Future trilogy, no idea how many times I have seen the first two, definitely on my all time list (been known to wear a few t shirts). First one was massive when I was growing up, second one was just as brilliant, third was great also, although surprisingly the third received better critical acclaim than its predeccesors it didnt do as well at the box office and it doesnt have the same affection with the fans.

Today has been hailed as Back To The Future day, many events have been held to mark this moment as well as special cinema screenings, dvd, book and merchandise releases.The cast including Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd have reunited for specials, interviews and commercials. I have always been a fan of Michael J Fox and like virtually everything he has done, he has always been extremely charasmatic and likeable, he has always appealed very much to my age group as we all loved BTTF, I have even read his book and its a very good read. He has shown tremendous fortitude and bravery in his battle with Parkinsons disease, he works very hard promoting the cause for fellow sufferers and has been a great champion, ambassasdor, example and spokesperson to help others with the illness. It does sadden me to see how he is now but he is certainly not the kind of man to want or expect sympathy.

I feel very fortunate to have been a kid/teen growing up when we had films like BTTF trilogy, Star War trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, Ghostbusters, Roger Moore/Sean Connerys Bond films still recent on tv, all just huge at the time and they stay with you as you grow up, they really do mean a lot, even if it is just a bit of escapism. We also had people like Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Shwarznegger and Eddie Murphy at their best, everything they did seemed really good or a big event. Great times!

Anyway, me, the wife, the kid, are all sat in front of the tv in our pyjamas settled in for the day right now, we have cups of tea, coke, popcorn and nibbles. We are half way through watching Back To The Future and are then going to watch 2 and 3.

[youtube]J4LI_EqnJq8[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).