Stadium Regulations?

General chat about anything else goes here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Stadium Regulations?

Post by Yorkieandy »

Evening all. I wonder if I may ask my Torquay friends and indeed 'foes' for some information regarding the UK laws regarding football stadia? Basically at my match today a few incidents occurred which I need clarification of the laws so I can find out who is in the wrong. I know there are a few of you out there extremely knowledgable about these matters. It's a shame Ferrari Matt doesn't post much because it would be right up his street. Jerry also comes across as though he is intelligent on such matters as do others so if you can held then great and i'd very much appreciate it thankyou.

First of all regarding standing at all seater stadiums in the UK and the rules as they apply to health and safety legislation.

I know fans do stand at the back of stands at grounds which is often permitted by the stewards but is this practice at the discretion of the club involved or technically is it supposed to be illegal or contravene health and safety regulations? If so how enforceable is this? How accountable are the clubs for not enforcing this adequately? Additionally, if fans are stood and congregating on access steps leading up and down the stands themselves this blocking them then is this permitted or legally not?