Get away from it all

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Get away from it all

Post by Gullscorer »

Where would you go? Where have you been?

Dartmoor, Wales and Scotland are too crowded for me. I like the idea of Siberia..
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I'd go to the Ross Ice Shelf.

Cold, brutal and isolating. A bit like living in England.

Millions of people on this island but you get more compassion and community spirit from stray cats.

On the Ice Shelf you could sit there in awe of decent, brave and courageous men like Shackleton, Scott and Amundsen who preferred to make actions and deeds speak louder than words. Meanwhile back in England I turn on the telly and watch some jumped up prick trying to do the opposite on X Factor and make his words speak louder than his lack of actions. "The world needs me" , he claims. Yes, 6 foot under you arsehole. I'll be seeing your cd at a car boot sale in 5 years time on sale for 10p, such is your lasting legacy on the world.

Give me the Ross Ice Shelf any day. No doubt i'll visit then bump into someone after about 3 months of being there and it'll be a Japanese tourist taking selfies, either that or some numpty taking pics and trying to post them on social media. Christ.

Worst place to visit would be somewhere like Cairo, Delhi or Rabat. Roasting hot, people everywhere, noise, random agricultural animals roaming the streets and just general carnage.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gullscorer wrote:
Dartmoor, Wales and Scotland are too crowded for me. I like the idea of Siberia..
I like the idea of you in Siberia too.

[This is a cheap shot, I know, but I can't help myself :) ]
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.