WINDOWS 10: IT'S HORRIBLE...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote:That could be it: a picnic without an apple, whilst leaving Windows 10 to its own devices. :-/

Are you taking any prescription medication? :)
No, a "PICNIC error" means "Problem in chair, not in computer". ;-)
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Problem is caused by licking windows rather than operating Windows ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've given up trying to lick Windows. For me Windows 10 is a disaster, and it appears to be for many other people: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10 http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/
It won't let me roll back to Windows 7, and I cannot go back to an earlier restore point because it says something is corrupt. So I'm stuck with Windows 10. I can still do the basic jobs I need to do, albeit with difficulty, so I'll carry on until such time as I can sell and/or replace my computer. Then I shall say goodbye to Microsoft for ever, and, I suspect, so will a lot of other people. :(
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I've tried out Windows 10 and although still much preferring 7, I've not had any problems.

It's all about the Linux for me though, so much easier to use.
Luke.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I've upgraded and haven't encountered any issues so far, save for the annoyance of changing the date to UK rather than American settings, and installing a couple of updates. All working fine for me otherwise.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This notice was on BBC iPlayer:

Using BBC iPlayer on Windows 10

We are aware of reports that some users are experiencing some difficulties using iPlayer on Windows 10 enabled devices.

It’s quite common to see a few issues when a new operating system is introduced and we’re looking into user reports we’ve received. We expect that most bugs should be sorted soon.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:This notice was on BBC iPlayer:

Using BBC iPlayer on Windows 10

We are aware of reports that some users are experiencing some difficulties using iPlayer on Windows 10 enabled devices.

It’s quite common to see a few issues when a new operating system is introduced and we’re looking into user reports we’ve received. We expect that most bugs should be sorted soon.

Any issues with third party software are the fault of those third parties. They've had plenty of time to test and plan for this.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

But it may not be third party software. In any case, Microsoft have also had plenty of time. The same problem is occurring with other videos on the internet, including YouTube. Could be dirty tricks resulting from recent spats between Microsoft and Google, which owns YouTube. There's only one common factor in all this, and it's Windows 10.

I love conspiracy theories.. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Have you tried running it in Compatibility Mode? A lot of problems with 3rd party software can be overcome this way ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote:But it may not be third party software. In any case, Microsoft have also had plenty of time. The same problem is occurring with other videos on the internet, including YouTube. Could be dirty tricks resulting from recent spats between Microsoft and Google, which owns YouTube. There's only one common factor in all this, and it's Windows 10.

I love conspiracy theories.. :)
You call it a conspiracy theory, I call it bullshit based on absolutely no technical knowledge into the development of a product such as an Operating System, or just software of any kind.

Tomayto, tomato.
Luke.

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Ha ha, you obviously don't appreciate or understand my jocularity, Luke, (the smiley was a hint). But you can call it what you like, the fact remains that most people acquiring a new car to drive or television to watch or washing machine to use would not expect to have to learn to be a mechanic or engineer or technician, nor to wade through pages of instructions and guidance which only experts would understand.

Same with computers. Anybody offering a new operating system to the public (or for that matter a car, television or washing machine) should have ironed out all (or certainly most of) the teething problems beforehand. It is quite apparent, not only to me but to many other people, that Microsoft have failed miserably to do this in the case of Windows 10: http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows ... t-support/

It is to be expected that for many people there will be no issues (as yet) with the new operating system, and, to be fair to Microsoft, at least two of the initial problems I encountered appear to have been resolved, and I've no doubt that they are working on the others.

But the question must be asked, why did they release Windows 10 before it was ready. Are they really that incompetent?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Hi from an Apple user Gullscorer,

Come in - the water is lovely!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Modgull wrote:Hi from an Apple user Gullscorer,
Come in - the water is lovely!
I'm saving up for one.. :-D
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Well after 7 years my laptop finally bit the big one a few weeks back, got myself a nice little Easter mega deal yesterday at currys, a lovely cheap little Asus. Came loaded with windows 10. Not bad actually, am finding it alright actually, I have had Vista or but have used 7 and 8 on my lads laptop, 10 is quite easy so far.

Anyone answer if I'vedone the right thing or have missed something, I have made a dvd back up of windows files and a ystem image back up on 4 discs, ave I missed anything I need to do?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).