New Forest Green Stadium

General chat about anything else goes here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

New Forest Green Stadium

Post by PhilGull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33567273
Looks quite impressive! Would love to see the Gulls have the cash to do something like this one day.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I doubt it will ever come to fruition.. The Ambitions of the Chairmen far outweigh the capabilities of the club on it' s own. as soon as he gets fed up it will tumbling down like a pack of cards.
This has been tried before.. The club moved to Stroud, the fans didnt. well maybe a few did but nowhere as many.
Then there was a plan to move near the M5. again it fell apart..
Now a further plan backed by big money.. but there really isnt really the will among the fans..and the Chairman in addition making big bold statements. This stadium will be built within 5 years and we will be a league club by then.. sorry but it will all go tits up
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

They need to build an actual sustainable league club before thinking about ridiculous pie in the sky things like this that haven't a hope in hell of ever coming to fruition.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

That'll look lovely with their 900 fans.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

The chairman claims that the club is outgrowing their current ground. A quick check of the Football Ground Guide proves otherwise. The average attendance over the past few seasons barely hovers above 1,000, indeed they've never even come close to a sell-out. The ground itself is less than 10 years old, what a waste of a neat little stadium.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The report says that the club have introduced an organic pitch which is spread with cow manure. Very unhealthy, I should imagine, for players.

Plus a red meat ban for players and all produce sold on match days. Jeez.. what do they offer, lentil soup? There's no way I could watch a football match without a couple of proper meat pies in my hands.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:The report says that the club have introduced an organic pitch which is spread with cow manure. Very unhealthy, I should imagine, for players.

Plus a red meat ban for players and all produce sold on match days. Jeez.. what do they offer, lentil soup? There's no way I could watch a football match without a couple of proper meat pies in my hands.
As a vegan I have no problem with a lack of animal carcass to eat, however there is a slight problem here. If they are saying no to meat where do they think the cow manure is coming from?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PhilGull wrote: As a vegan I have no problem with a lack of animal carcass to eat, however there is a slight problem here. If they are saying no to meat where do they think the cow manure is coming from?
No, no - you're looking at this from the wrong perspective, PhilGull. If they killed off the cows for meat pies, they'd lose their source of sh*t for the pitch. I bet none of the FGR players kiss the ground when they run out ........ !! :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Actually although many fans have critisised them for banning red meat.. you will find that most players dont eat much if any red meat and the fans of FGR who initialy rejected it have taken to the new food really well and like it.. its not my cup of tea but those who like it good luck to them..As long as I dont have to eat it. after all our own fare hasn't been much to crow about has it..
The rest of his plans are pie in the sky as we all know.. but let him carry on.. it will come crashing down one day.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843