Combined Posts

General chat about anything else goes here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Combined Posts

Post by PhilGull »

Am I being an old grump saying that I don't like the new 'feature' where by if I make two posts one after the other in the same thread without anyone else posting then they are merged in to one post?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yes

Added in 20 seconds:
Very much so

Added in 29 seconds:
In fact I like it.

Added in 40 seconds:
It also stops a lot of the double posts that were happening on an almost daily basis.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Fair enough!

Added in 43 seconds:
I guess I shall get used to it.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I trust there's a time limit. That's to say, if somebody posts twice within, say, an hour, I can understand these being merged. But three or four days later, I don't see the point, because, in that case, it's not as if people will be queuing up to respond.. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:I trust there's a time limit. That's to say, if somebody posts twice within, say, an hour, I can understand these being merged. But three or four days later, I don't see the point, because, in that case, it's not as if people will be queuing up to respond.. :)

We did consider making it a feature unique to you thus keeping all your rants at the female gender in one post. At least then we wouldn't have to deal with all the complaints by others concerning your gender fears ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Thanks, but I've never ranted against women. I'm anti-feminist, which is not the same thing at all. Fewer then 20% of women identify with feminism, and even fewer would if they knew the truth. The truth is is out there.. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

All women are feminists FCAT!!!!
Dave

PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I just can't resist.

From the OED.

feminist, adj. and n.

A. adj.
Of, relating to, or advocating the rights and equality of women. Cf. feminism n. 3.

B. n.
An advocate or supporter of the rights and equality of women.

So no rights or equality for women in Gullscorers world, or the majority of women's worlds according to him...

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another bloody thread that will be hijacked by inane ramblings about feminism, the rights of women, the press and their biased reporting and the fact that men are all now brow beaten....

;-)

STIP
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Wasn't me who started this topic here. I shall simply claim the right of reply, in answer to PhilGull and those deluded people who fall back on the dictionary definition of feminism. It doesn't really matter what the dictionary definition is. Judge feminists by what they actually say and do, and by the actions of the groups and leaders who represent them.

For example, 65% of students in higher education are female, 35% are male. If this were reversed and only 35% were female, there would be an outcry from feminists. So what are feminists saying and doing to achieve equality here? Except to clamour for yet more representation for women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths, absolutely nothing. Just as they say and do nothing about men's homelessness and suicides, workplace deaths, health and life expectancy, and other issues affecting men.

So don't tell me that feminism is about equality simply because the dictionary says so. You can educate yourselves here:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/eq ... n-by-that/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/re ... ictionary/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/fe ... -equality/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/th ... isms-soul/

That's all. :)

Added in 32 minutes 7 seconds:
Scott Brehaut wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Another bloody thread that will be hijacked by inane ramblings about feminism, the rights of women, the press and their biased reporting and the fact that men are all now brow beaten.... ;-)
You're browbeating me.. :'(
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer,

I never claimed you started it, and I didn't mention you in my post - I was merely stating that I'm sick to the back teeth of, what feels like, every other thread turning into an argument about all the stuff I mentioned above.
If you recognised yourself in my post, well that's your issue....

I'm just bored with the same old bollocks hijacking this forum. I'm not saying there isn't a place for it, but not on every other bloody thread!!

STIP
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Scott, it only seems that way because so few others bother to post anything much on this forum. If they did, my own posts would either get lost amongst all the inanity, or would continue to stand out like shining beacons. :~D

I have just checked my last 60 posts. The ones relating to feminism and men's issues constitute only 15% of my Popside posts. These do not include posts on politics and other matters, and I concede that on average my own posts tend to be longer and more informative. But they would be less conspicuous if other people posted more, as I have done, on various topics. :-D

However, I get the impression that I'm being held at fault for something which by any objective measure cannot be said to be blameworthy. :-/ Though I wouldn't go so far as to call it a conspiracy, certainly not in the way that feminism might be. ;-)

Not yet anyway. :whistle:

I have Fox Mulder's phone number.. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Scott Brehaut wrote:Gullscorer,

I never claimed you started it, and I didn't mention you in my post - I was merely stating that I'm sick to the back teeth of, what feels like, every other thread turning into an argument about all the stuff I mentioned above.
If you recognised yourself in my post, well that's your issue....

I'm just bored with the same old bollocks hijacking this forum. I'm not saying there isn't a place for it, but not on every other bloody thread!!

Ooooooh get 'er !!! ;-)
Dave

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Just to confirm it's 24 hours time before a new post will be generated. Double posting is annoying on forums for many people, now this feature stops it from happening.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest