Occombe Farm Beer Festival

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Occombe Farm Beer Festival

Post by happytorq »

just kind of wanted to find out if anybody on here goes to this yearly event. Although I live far away now I always to try and stay aware of what is happening, and I'm lead to believe that it's quite popular. tickets went on sale last weekend.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

All the profits are used to fund the Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust, and to be honest I wouldn't care if that particular organisation closed down tomorrow. All the lands now under the management and control of the Trust were far nicer places to visit when nature had them to herself. The Trust is just another quango and a drain on the public purse. Not that I can afford the tickets anyway. The cheapest is £10 for a Friday day ticket, plus the cost of getting there, and they most certainly will not be playing my kind of music. And there are plenty of local pubs around south Devon offering good food, real ale and cider, in much more relaxing and congenial surroundings.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

haha, I'm shocked that you don't approve. Shocked!

although it seems apparent that you don't actually know how the Trust works; although they may have been 'nicer places when nature had them to herself', that's almost irrelevant given that the Trust running the land means that the Council don't do it - because if it was up to them they'd probably have sold everything off years ago.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

My sister goes most years. Never been myself and at £16 for a Saturday ticket I don't think I'll bother anytime soon either.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Gullscorer wrote:All the profits are used to fund the Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust, and to be honest I wouldn't care if that particular organisation closed down tomorrow. All the lands now under the management and control of the Trust were far nicer places to visit when nature had them to herself. The Trust is just another quango and a drain on the public purse. Not that I can afford the tickets anyway. The cheapest is £10 for a Friday day ticket, plus the cost of getting there, and they most certainly will not be playing my kind of music. And there are plenty of local pubs around south Devon offering good food, real ale and cider, in much more relaxing and congenial surroundings.
it's a conspiracy!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

should have mentioned that the reason I asked is that the person who organises it all is my little sister :)

leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

happytorq wrote:haha, I'm shocked that you don't approve. Shocked!

although it seems apparent that you don't actually know how the Trust works; although they may have been 'nicer places when nature had them to herself', that's almost irrelevant given that the Trust running the land means that the Council don't do it - because if it was up to them they'd probably have sold everything off years ago.
Agree. They are an independent Charity which tries to look after local areas as best they can. They are obviously limited by the money they receive, but I would imagine most of the places they 'run' would be in a worse state without them.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

happytorq wrote:should have mentioned that the reason I asked is that the person who organises it all is my little sister :)
Ignore the cynics on here-it's a great event,well organised,good music and excellent beer!