ITS THE END OF THE WORLD, ITS TRAGIC!

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD, ITS TRAGIC!

Post by chunkygull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/32057401

http://www.heatworld.com/2015/03/zayn-m ... -direction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... yband.html

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only kidding guys, que all the pictures on the news and in the paper of hysterical crying girls and supposed helplines being set up by samaritans. :no:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

They are the biggest Boy band since The Beatles according to the news this morning. Beatles, boy band, wtf?

Here's several differences.
The Beatles could all play instruments (ok Ringo wasn't the greatest drummer but he could still get by).
The Beatles weren't picked by a clever marketing ploy for their looks (Ringo again, and they did it the hard way through practice and doing the long hours in clubs)
The Beatles had loads of rivals who were also talented during the golden age of pop music (lets face it, todays 'artists' and the charts in general are utter bilge)
The Beatles are still revered as one of, if not THE biggest influence on modern music ever. No one will remember the 'band' that 'Zane'? has just left in a couple of years (I've genuinely forgot and I'm not about to google it).

Am I making sense? :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Yep, absolutely agree. And the Beatles actually sang and wrote songs which had tunes and decent lyrics, instead of bang bang thump thump noises!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Both of you are absolutely spot on, its bloody irritating that this boy band are compared to proper musical pioneers and genius in this way, its all hype and marketing, they arent where they are through talent, nothing personal against them, they are only doing their job and anyone would milk what they could out of it, in a way the lad who's left has shown guts to walk away from it, but all these fans of theirs really need to get a grip.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).