What Are You Listening To?

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Theres some quality Christmas tunes pages 30-31-32. I have been listening to these all over again! They are good uns if you are in the mood.

Shame the kevin bloody wilson ones were pulled from youtube.

Anyway, heres a few more crackers. Been banging these out in the car all week.

[youtube]MqBF7TiyATo[/youtube]

[youtube]VQhuoY5h2kE[/youtube]

[youtube]yN4Uu0OlmTg[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Christmas songs are pants Chunks!! Bah Humbug! :lol:

Check out LOOSE CHANGE by ROYAL BLOOD.

The rest of the album is pretty desperate listening but the CD is worth it for this little chugger
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Currently listening to Martyr Defiled
[youtube]sRsa2i_kif0[/youtube]

For those of you with sensitive ears I have also been enjoying Kongos recently
[youtube]Gz2GVlQkn4Q[/youtube]

edited to get YouTube tags correct!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Martyr Defiled - **** awesome. The double kicks on the bass drum are magic! Sounds like a machine gun. Love the break bits inbetween too. :bow:

Sadly Phil, you haven't convinced me with the second tune. I'm all for calmer musical interludes but that one is a dull to be kind. ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

The King would have been 80 years old today, or who knows he may actually be celebrating his birthday somewhere! ;-)

[youtube]iWj7bLxM0zg[/youtube]

[youtube]v98habAoYkM[/youtube]

[youtube]Wb0Jmy-JYbA[/youtube]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bubba Ho-Tep is a great movie!

[youtube]X7Qo74_L3vo[/youtube]

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've always been a huge Dr Hook fan so I was only too happy to be asked to be part of the Security team for the Southampton leg of their UK tour last night. A split in the ranks leaves just original frontman Ray Sawyer to head up a talented collection of musicians. We'd heard he was a bit demanding and a little difficult to deal with (what 78 year old isn't though) but the guy was a truly class act. He can barely walk or stand unaided off stage but on it he was an absolute legend. For sure his voice has gone and with it some of the best of his songs BUT what a performer. He totally owned the stage and had the audience completely spellbound with a string of hits. He even had time to berate a couple of blokes who were chatting too loud while he was telling the story behind one of his hits which brought a huge cheer.

After the performance he asked for all the staff and security to go to his dressing room where he shook everyone's hand and thanked them all for welcoming him and looking after him and his band. I've seen some prima donnas in my time but Ray Sawyer will go down in my book as a true gentleman and I found it a truly humbling experience. He likes a beer and said something on stage about British beer tasting so much better than American beer so I took him a pint of Stowfords. The first sip was greeted with 'Apple juice?' but after he sank the first he wouldn't touch anything else.

They're playing in Torquay in the next few days and I highly recommend anyone with a passing interest to treat themselves to a great night out. I have a feeling he's not long for this world and I count myself truly lucky to have met him.

Ray Sawyer - Legend.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Tonights performance in Torquay by Dr Hook is postponed because Ray Sawyer had a fall and broke his arm last night.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/U ... story.html
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Sad news but having seen how frail he is I'm not surprised. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

In honour of Freddie Mercury to mark the anniversary of his passing 24/11/1991. Seems like only yesterday! :bow:

[youtube]ZyVXFpD4k_s[/youtube]

[youtube]o8Eg-mWdDLc[/youtube]
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=green ... eGUI03AAAA

Oh. Never did get the hang of posting links so not sure that will work. Anyhoo, it's meant to direct you to Outlaws by Green Day as it's a fab track from the just released Revolution Radio.

Also, although I'm not a huge fan of Boy George, I'm desperate to hear his Stand Up To Cancer performance of Starman - can anyone pop a (proper) link on here please? It made me goosey the other night, hopefully it will be released.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Lately I've been listening to Heaven Shall Burn's latest album Wanderer
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... 20wanderer

Come Friday I'm thinking that Anaal Nathrakh's new album The Whole of the Law will be on repeat :devil:
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... of+the+law

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Summoner
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Summoner »

Track 2 from the new Haiduk album Diabolica