What Are You Listening To?

General chat about anything else goes here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

DerbyshireGull wrote:SLAYER!!!!!!!!
Had some Carnifex on the way to work this morning, good for clearing the head ready for work!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Well, the young buhy asked me the other day if I had any Oasis, I had a rummage in my big magical cd wallet and behold I produced an album called Whats The story morning Glory by the mythical Oasis, a band at one time during the 90's were on an astranomical plane higher than any other, selling trillions of records, appearing on top of the pops hundreds of times, selling out arenas - stadiums - festivals in enormous fields, and winning enough awards to fill a thousand warehouses.

Rumour has it the 2 main protagonists of the band, the songwriter and the lead singer regularly fell out, argued and tried to throttle each other. These 2 incidentally are brothers which, makes it all the more strange and mind boggling that 2 people with that much success, adulation, talent and popularity could not put there differences and petty squabbles aside, even if just for the sake of their fans or even the millions and squillions of money they could make. :| Surely this is not why the band split - yep it was.

Anyhoo, I turned to the youngster and asked why do you wish to partake in the audio delights of Oasis, tis many a year since they were mentioned by someone so young, it is only those pushing towards middle age such as myself who think of them in the present and indeed remember fondly and like it was yesterday the heady times in the mid 90's when Oasis were reigning over the musical kingdom. :bow:

Junior explained to me that the pupils in his year at school had indeed partaken in singing a rousing yet emotive rendition of the monster smash hit Wonderwall. And they say our education system teaches the kids a load of irrelevant sh1t they dont need to know. :|

Anyway I regaled my enthralled offspring with tales of when Oasis were as popular as picking your nose in a traffic jam. Indeed my mind was cast back to a heaving Impacto disco above the Fiesta pub on Paignton seafront in 1995 on many a Friday and Saturday night, the dj plays a medley Of Oasis songs and the place goes wild, the roof is nearly blown off the joint. :)

I proceeded to play the album to the young buck and now he cant get enough of it and keeps playing it. Oasis were not as good again but it sure does fondly take me back to my early 20's and pine. :'(

Here ya go, reminisce and enjoy -

[youtube]6hzrDeceEKc[/youtube]

[youtube]DrARl0dzd-0[/youtube]

[youtube]4fLR3FRaFsQ[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Bit of an 80's soft rock guitar day in the car -

[youtube]nCBASt507WA[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Saw the film One Chance earlier, a biopic of Paul Potts. Just thought I would put this up. Not as good as Pavarotti, but then again nobody is.

[youtube]1k08yxu57NA[/youtube]
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

THE EVER MOST BEAUTIFUL INDIAN CLASSICAL SINGER PRESENTS A RAGA WHICH DEPICTS THE CONCERN AND FRIGHT OF BEING LONELY IN THE EVENING, SINCE HER LOVER HAS NOT RETURNED. THE SEASON IS OF RAINY DAYS AND SHE MISSES HIM SO BADLY. 'It is evening and my beloved is not here. O songbird, sing sweetly, I am afraid, alone.'
http://kaushikichakraborty.com/

[youtube]hAlcD8ffv3k[/youtube]
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Crank it up loud. Awesome! :bow:

[youtube]uGNiAIow-gs[/youtube]
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Commemorating the anniversary today of The Kings Passing -

[youtube]qka6JrKUM5U[/youtube]

[youtube]se2edkWyUCU[/youtube]

[youtube]yvbcw6oBms8[/youtube]

[youtube]vISPgbosZUw[/youtube]

:bow:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Elvis. A bit like The Beatles but in a different genre. People forget that there were many bands out there better than the Beatles but they got the break and they made it. Like today, bands make it but there are loads of bands much better than the ones that do. It's all about personal preference and that is what makes music great.

Oh and Elvis was shite Chunks!

Oasis, the first album was raw stuff and then they succumbed and went a bit 'ballady'.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

PhilGull wrote: Had some Carnifex on the way to work this morning, good for clearing the head ready for work!

Get some of this shit! Check out the percussion about 2mins in. Kiss my **** face!!!

Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Elvis. A bit like The Beatles but in a different genre. People forget that there were many bands out there better than the Beatles but they got the break and they made it. Like today, bands make it but there are loads of bands much better than the ones that do. It's all about personal preference and that is what makes music great.

Oh and Elvis was shite Chunks!

Oasis, the first album was raw stuff and then they succumbed and went a bit 'ballady'.
I was going to say how pleased I was to see you back and posting on here, but after that remark you can p1$$ off again! :@

Only joking Andy. :~D :)

Anyway, I know you dont mean it.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Been into this lot for a while, but I saw them recently at boardmasters festival, and they were incredible live, well worth seeing
We'll be back...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Music for the soul:
[youtube]-FuW2ZcgOmA[/youtube]

Ajoy & Kaushiki Chakrabarty Interview:
[youtube]fMAyK7ts9hE[/youtube]
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

[youtube]POaaw_x7gvQ[/youtube]

[youtube]1F3JvKOP5C0[/youtube]

Awesome! :clap: :bow:

RIP Joe cocker.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Real class act was Joe Cocker. Brilliant live performer, will be sorely missed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com