The season of influenza...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

The season of influenza...

Post by Gullscorer »

... or manflu..!!

Do men complain unduly when sick? Today, many people apparently believe that when ill with a minor virus, men complain more than women, and remain sick for longer. This is commonly known as manflu. It's a complete myth!

In reality, while the exact rates vary from country to country, women take more sick leave from work than men. While some may suspect that many women are taking additional sick leave to care for children, childless women actually take more sick leave than childless men. One study in Norway reported that women take 50% to 70% more sick leave than men performing the same work.

Anyway, don't forget to buy the mansize tissues..!! :~D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You really don't like women do you... :) All anyone needs to do, first thing every morning squeeze half a fresh lemon into a glass of room temperature water, and avoid many a minor bug, listen to Dr Dave... :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

How does speaking out on issues affecting men and against man-hating ideological feminism mean that I don't like women? Many women are also anti-feminist, because they don't delude themselves that modern radical feminism is about equality. Humanism and egalitarianism is about equality. :-/

I love women, but the facts here speak for themselves.. :)

Anyhow, Dr Dave, I got myself some Fishermen's Friends.. :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

As a qualified scientist , a bit like in the mould of Professor Branestawm, i have it on good authority (namely science) that the viruses (or virii - man is that even a real word! :| ) that contribute to the onset of influenza do have a more potent effect on males due to the biological indifferences of the sexes. Obviously males and females are both human, well some women out on the piss in our village on a saturday night could challenge this belief as could some men who insist on purchasing the Daily Sport / Star. THEY ARE JUST PICTURES OF BREASTS!! YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO MEET THEM!! I always shout when passing an offending white van with a copy on the dashboard. (i'm all over equality here brothers :) ).

No, hormonal concentrations, muscle mass and lots of other interesting scientific factors make blokes get man flu and women get a little bit sniffly.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.