Football Manager 2015

General chat about anything else goes here.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Football Manager 2015

Post by yellowforever »

Anyone else got it? I've currently got a game going with us, three wins out of three so far!

Sold Ives for £125k to Nottingham Forest, which will rise to £250k when he makes an international appearance and 20 for the first team.

Also resigned Mr Mozika on a free transfer. Still looking at another full back as well.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Interesting!

I've also got a game going with us, decided to offer Ives a contract and he accepted, he's played every game so far!

I lost to Gateshead, weirdly 3-1 but have won the next 5 games in a row!

Haven't signed anyone else, Benyon has been scoring a few too!

Tried to get Berry but he went to Peterborough!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

Also kept Ives during first season. Benyon was banging the goals in along with Bowman, chappell and Cameron popping up with a few as well.

Went up via play-offs finishing second in the league first season, struggling to get any form going in league 2, currently 21st after 14 games
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Hi
I do the stats and ratings for FM2015 so if you think anything is wrong, let me know as I can amend the ratings at the new year update.
I did noy rate Ives btw. The Northern Ireland researcher did his ratings and set his potential to be high as there are a number of scouts looking at him and he is highly thought of.
Enjoy the game
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

How did you get into that NA Gull? I'd love to do that sort of work.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NA Gull »

They approached me. I was a fairly regular poster on the Sports Interactive League 2 thread in their forums and when the old researcher quit about 2 years ago they emailed me about it.
Quite good fun if you love FM and statistics. You rate the players twice a year in the summer and before the January update. At the end of the season you do the stats for players, finances, injuries etc.
Quite time consuming for a few weeks a year.
I don't get paid but I get a free copy of the game.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

NA Gull wrote:They approached me. I was a fairly regular poster on the Sports Interactive League 2 thread in their forums and when the old researcher quit about 2 years ago they emailed me about it.
Quite good fun if you love FM and statistics. You rate the players twice a year in the summer and before the January update. At the end of the season you do the stats for players, finances, injuries etc.
Quite time consuming for a few weeks a year.
I don't get paid but I get a free copy of the game.
That does sound quite interesting, I'm looking forward to reviewing your work when I get to unwrap FM15 on Christmas Day!
Luke.

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Playing it on android, good, slower than last years but good. Mostly agree with the player ratings.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NA Gull »

Cambgull - what did you think of the ratings? I have to do the mid season update soon, so if you think anything is massively wrong then let me know.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I'd like to give you a clear and concise update NA Gull, but I haven't had much chance to play as Torquay yet. I'm probably a bit late here so might be worth considering for next season.

A couple things I did notice:-

Bowman needs a boost. Compared with defenders, he's too slow compared to his speed against defenders in real life. It doesn't need a big increase but I think he sits at around 9 for pace and acceleration, and I'd probably up each by 1. His finishing, despite being average in stats, is awful when it comes to playing a game. No matter how I played him, he didn't score.

Richards turned out to be a much better prospect, so I'd give him a bit of a boost, certainly in terms of technique and tackling.

O'Achie is an absolute beast. He ended up not only ousting Bowman from the team, he royally launched him out. Despite his stats being average/poor, he somehow got me pretty much a goal a game. Needs a bit of a nerf on the goalscoring abilities, methinks!
Luke.