Oscar Pistorius

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Oscar Pistorius

Post by Scott Brehaut »

This is probably one of the most ridiculous, ill informed pieces of writing I've ever had the misfortune to read.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ?CMP=fb_gu

It's almost as though she's decided he's guilty and then made up stuff to try and prove it, and then also add the racist element into it (OP never said the intruder was black - he never even saw the alleged intruder, hence the reason he fired the gun)

I've also seen lots of people saying that he got off because he was white and rich, as if that made a difference. Yeah, because that would have worked on a black judge!!

Some people seriously need to look at what you have to PROVE to get a charge of murder, and then come back and show everybody exactly what proves OP murdered his girlfriend.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Same paper. Same shite. Different writer.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ?CMP=fb_gu

STIP
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The (black and female) judge just about got it absolutely right in her verdict. But you cannot rely on the Guardian, nor indeed most mainstream media, for objective journalism.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hang on is this April fools day here or something. The guy get out of bed thinking his girlfriend is still there (REALLY) he then fires how many shots through the door with no verbal warning what so ever, and he's so distraught at the accidental killing of the girl he loved so much, he managed to find himself a new one before this trial was over.

Couldn't careless on the verdict, this one even beats the shit out of OJ Simpson.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

forevertufc wrote:Hang on is this April fools day here or something. The guy get out of bed thinking his girlfriend is still there (REALLY) he then fires how many shots through the door with no verbal warning what so ever, and he's so distraught at the accidental killing of the girl he loved so much, he managed to find himself a new one before this trial was over.

Couldn't careless on the verdict, this one even beats the shit out of OJ Simpson.
Now let's take it up a step.

You live in South Africa.

You have no legs.

It's the middle of the night, you wake up, move a fan from near your bed and then hear a noise. Remember, you've no legs, you're bloody rich so susceptible to being burgled. You grab your gun, make your way to the place where the noise is (fight or flight) and note the bathroom window is open. The door of the bathroom slams shut, and you shout out to your girlfriend to call the police, aim at the door with your gun and fire.

Now, note where the bullet holes were, in comparison to where the toilet was - they were the other side. He wasn't aiming for anybody, but one of the bullets went through the door, hit the wall and went into his girlfriends brain, pretty much killing her straight away.

Obviously that is all from the accused, but the police couldn't prove any other scenario.

Yes, it's his word alone, but the forensics, "witnesses" and other evidence couldn't show that his story was wrong. Even grilled on the stand by one of the most feared state prosecutors couldn't get his story to change.

There is no way in a million years that any judge, white, black, male or female, with all the evidence in front of them, would have found Oscar guilty of murder.

STIP
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer wrote:This is why she's a judge and you're not..
Well I wish I was a judge out there, I don't have expensive tastes, wouldn't need to do many cases.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott, he lives in a very secure gated community which had no reported crime since 2011, it's believed his house has more security than fort knox, it would take ninja like stelf to break into his house.

The natural reaction of anyone in their right mind suspecting there was an intruder in their home, would be to wake up their partner and check on any other family members in the house, not to grab a gun and shoot through a toilet cubicle not knowing where your partner was, or who was in there ( accident, my arse) He shouted Reeva call the police, she was in the toilet cubicle , why didn't she answer ? Why was Reeva in toilet of her boyfriend's home with the door locked ? after all they were so much in love.

Going to completely disagree with the judge, saw the pictures of the toilet cubicle, it was a very small and confined space, there was a very high probability that 1 or more bullets in such a confined space would hot the person inside, and death a virtual certainty.

Has someone got away with murder here, oh hell yes, but it's South Africa, not the first time that's happened there.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, if he is a murderer and fully intended to kill Reeva, he is one of the best actors I've ever seen.

STIP
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Has Forever thought this through?

Because if he had his way we wouldn't bother with irritating nuisances such as evidence and proof of guilt. Lock people up purely on suspicion, and let a simple accusation be sufficient to convict. To hell with due process and the strange notion that people are to be regarded as innocent until proven guilty.

Hell, let our own prejudices and even false witness prevail. Why bother with courts and judiciary, or even laws. Don't like your neighbours? Disagree with their politics? Just make a plausible accusation, find a friend to back you up, and see your enemies punished.

Bring back lynch mobs and public executions, hangings and floggings; much more fun.. :devil:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Well, if he is a murderer and fully intended to kill Reeva, he is one of the best actors I've ever seen.
Couldn't disagree more. Money got him off with the most serious charges, the first thing you would do if you suspected an intruder is to check on your loved one(s) first. Not shoot indiscriminately into your own bathroom.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote: Couldn't disagree more. Money got him off with the most serious charges, the first thing you would do if you suspected an intruder is to check on your loved one(s) first. Not shoot indiscriminately into your own bathroom.
Yes, in the UK.

We need to remember that this is South Africa.
I work with a couple and have close friends that come from there - all are white and all say that carrying guns and having them nearby is commonplace.

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I accept that it's like a war zone over there but his first reaction should have been to check on his loved one and not just open fire. I'm as protective as anyone out there but my first concern is the safety of my loved ones. ALWAYS !!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Clearly have thought this one through. As Dave SG says and he's spot on, any mans first instinct is protect his family, were are they ? are they safe ?

Even the judge described Pistorius as evasive. There are only 2 people who know the truth of what happened, one of them was blown away and is now very dead, I believe this whole story about an intruder for reasons set out in my last reply, is a complete bare faced lie.

I'll tell what's happened there, they've had a row which has got out of hand , the whole reason Reeva locked herself in the bathroom of her boyfriends house was self protection, I do not for one minute believe Pistorius planned to kill his girlfriend, but the red mist took over and the heat of the moment went far to far over the top with his reaction, even after the first shot, she would have screamed, he would have known she was in there.

the reason this is murder in my view, is 4 shots were fired not 1, into a confined space, as said the probability that would cause the death of the person inside was very high, the weight of circumstantial evidence here is massive, there are so many bits of anyone can use to pick holes in the story told by Oscar Pistorius it's untrue.

There's a clear victim here that's going to get no justice, as unlike this country, those found guilty of manslaughter in SA rarely serve prison time.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

very odd.

as SG has said which posters on here wouldnt check first?

as for the verdict of culpable homicide.....well... :-/

only two know the truth - and one isnt with us - and oscar is "evasive" in his testimony of course he would be.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468