Problem loading the site - sub-forums

General chat about anything else goes here.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Everything working fine this morning - no white pages - well done to ever did the fix,
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

wish i could say the same. its so annoying having to switch from one to the other all the time. Thanks to louis for doing what must be a thankless task. and i doubt he can do much at work as he has to work. so can only do it when at home. he;s probably been eating while sorting this out at the same time. ahhhh thats why spag bol and lum duff with marmite was on my screen last night.lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Talking of site access, has anyone had a problem with the OS? http://www.torquayunited.com/
Top right corner says the website expired in the 16th month 2012? I didn't even realise we had that many months :/
To the dotted line, We're on our way
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Yes the OS has gone away. Temporarily I assume. Meanwhile, back to the site access problems here, when I tried to reply to this post it said I had to log in even though I was already logged in and then after I did log in it still wouldn't let me reply, insisting I had to log in again when I hit post reply. Hit the quick reply thing, see if this works.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

same problem here if you read my signings post !!! But I can post a reply on this topic, the gremlins aren't consistent :slap:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The problems with the site still continue in so far as the normal layout still changes to grey and white everytime you click on a post.
You then have to scroll down to the switch to ful style button to get it back to yellow and the next time you click on anything it happens again.
Surely this can't be beyond the realms of being able to be sorted out - the site has been faulty for a longer period than Karl Hawley looked like a pro footballer.
The leads to an extremely frustrating experience when using the site
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

brucie wrote:The problems with the site still continue in so far as the normal layout still changes to grey and white everytime you click on a post.
You then have to scroll down to the switch to ful style button to get it back to yellow and the next time you click on anything it happens again.
Surely this can't be beyond the realms of being able to be sorted out - the site has been faulty for a longer period than Karl Hawley looked like a pro footballer.
Sorry brucie
I have to put up with some boring negative posts from you regarding our team. it's your privilege to have an opinion. but where i do draw the line is when you are criticising our web team. That's a step too far.
Are you able to do anything about it. Oh no. You either aint got the time. knowledge or want to be paid. Well for the rest of us. yes it's frustrating. But there is no way I am going to have a go at louis because this is persisting. He has put in many long hours and for nothing too. so either shut up and put up or get off your own butt and do something.
it's obviously not that simple a problem or it would have been sorted by now.
I for one with the post like that would have mailed you all the code. Told the site I am leaving and told them to mail you in future.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Like wise I put up with some boring claptrap from you. Negative posts? - I told you we would probably be relegated after the first game of the season and what happened?
Basically you are a dick so butt out.
I am not criticising anyone particularly just stating that its a frustrating experience using the site. At the least the headings now appear to have changed colour to red.
If I wanted my car serviced I wouldn't take it to whoever ran this site so suggesting I sort the site problems out is idiotic.
Thanks for your opinion though.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

handbags at dawn ladies ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: would love you to kiss & make up now, & save your energy for cheering on the team! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Seriously though, have found the site better today..still the grey & white at first, but then changes to yellow; & I can post ! Thanks Louis !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's a fair point. The issue isn't something that's easy to narrow down. All I can do is apologise and repeat that we are trying to get it resolved.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Shut up brucie
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Like wise I put up with some boring claptrap from you. Negative posts? - I told you we would probably be relegated after the first game of the season and what happened?
Basically you are a dick so butt out.
I am not criticising anyone particularly just stating that its a frustrating experience using the site. At the least the headings now appear to have changed colour to red.
If I wanted my car serviced I wouldn't take it to whoever ran this site so suggesting I sort the site problems out is idiotic.
Thanks for your opinion though.
In fairness, you said the same thing the year we got to the playoff final, so I'd hold off on the whole Mystic Meg routine.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:The problems with the site still continue in so far as the normal layout still changes to grey and white everytime you click on a post.
Patience, dear Brucie !! I envy you if you find this a 'frustrating experience'. Life is full of much more frustrating experiences than this !!!!

The other glitsch I'm finding is that certain words are in blue, large print, bold - e.g. EASY TO in Dave's reply. When I hover my mouse over these words, I get 'special offers' like win a £500 voucher for Tesco's. Is anyone else having this happenning to them ?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Leave brucie alone; he's alright.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

It's hardly something to throw all toys out of the pram for is it? Just get on with it. Be more patient when reading the forum and be even more patient for the problem to be fixed.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.