Problem loading the site - sub-forums

General chat about anything else goes here.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Problem loading the site - sub-forums

Post by Eirik »

Hi

Is it just me having trouble loading the site since Friday? It is fine when I load the board index site, but once I try the sub-forums I have to wait a while for the site to load.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

rickl wrote:Hi

Is it just me having trouble loading the site since Friday? It is fine when I load the board index site, but once I try the sub-forums I have to wait a while for the site to load.
No - it's not just you Ricki. I'm having the same problem logging into the topics - it's taking a couple of minutes to get in. I suspect others are having a problem as well as there haven't been that many postings during the last couple of days. I'm pleased you posted - I thought it was only me !!
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Same here, tried the usual - different browser, clearing the cache. Now I right-click on all the topics I want to read and open new tabs so I can read them without waiting an eternity between each one!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We're aware of the problem and it's being looked into and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies and rest assured that work is ongoing.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Thanks for the heads up. I have been monitoring this lately. It's a case of too many people trying to load the site at any one time, the stats the server is getting anyone would think we got promoted not relegated. I'm assuming the fixtures are out so the oposing fans are checking us out to see what we're saying here?

Don't get me wrong the server can cope with busy periods but busy days on ends and just like a human it starts making mistakes and crashes and burns out and needs a kick up the rear into gear.

I'm on it.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

Sorry to post this here but I am having difficulty accessing anywhere on the site. Is anybody else having any similar difficulties? I get through to "All Things Plainmoor" section without a problem but when trying to access a particular thread, or then change threads, it takes an age. Sometimes it then changes into the mobile format for no apparent reason but when it does this getting onto, or switching between, threads is a little quicker but when I go back to All Things Plainmoor it returns to the full version of the site and everything slows down again. I am running Google Chrome on Mac and this is the only site I have accessed recently that gives me this problem. I encountered a similar problem when I tried to access the site using Safari on my wife's Ipad. This has been happening for the past three days or so and I would appreciate any advice from the experts on here but would hope they would express any advice in simple terms as I am not that knowledgable on computer matters. Thanking you in anticipation.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I seem to be switching between the full site and mobile version each time a page loads and a moment ago noticed it said I was logged in as Richinns! In case this post says it's from Richins I am PhilGull :)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

I am experiencing the same problem. It first started about 3 days sago. This is the only site affected.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

There is currently a problem that Louis is aware of and is working to ensure that this is rectified ASAP.

It is impacting everybody so it's not just you and you can rest assured that it is nothing to do with your computer, browser or anything else.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Thanks Scott
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

i have had problems for ages,is it that i can now post?.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Thanks for the update Scott and cheers to Louis and co for looking into it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

PhilGull wrote:I seem to be switching between the full site and mobile version each time a page loads and a moment ago noticed it said I was logged in as Richinns! In case this post says it's from Richins I am PhilGull :)
I had the same issue this morning, Phil. Seems ok now though.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I had encounter quite a few problems these last few days with the site as reported, same as most I expect, it seems to be running well again. Can I just say a big thank you to all those who run the site I'm we all appreciate your efforts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

forevertufc wrote:I had encounter quite a few problems these last few days with the site as reported, same as most I expect, it seems to be running well again. Can I just say a big thank you to all those who run the site I'm we all appreciate your efforts.

Hi Dave. I received your pm but couldn't reply due to the very same problems we were all experiencing. I couldn't get the reply page to load.
Dave