Rik Mayall

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Rik Mayall

Post by chunkygull »

Sad news about Rik Mayall unexpectedly passing away today.

Loved watching The Young Ones when I was a kid and its repeats later. Bottom was hilariously daft and funny, can still easily watch it now.I loved The new Statesman (Alan B'stard, brilliant), used to try all the tricks to stay up late on a Sunday night to watch that.

I even liked Man Down last year on channel 4, it was really funny and under-rated. I swear Greg Davies and Rik Mayall must be actually related.

Best of all I loved The character Lord Flash-heart in Blackadder 2 and Goes Forth. Although both appearances were brief and only 2 episodes the character was immense, with a fantastic over the top delivery and catchphrases and one-liners that have been and shall be repeated for many years to come. In recent times the character from the Bombadier adverts seemed to be a spin off or spawn of Flash-heart and that even made me chuckle.

Even the film Drop Dead Fred was funny and entertaining. I remember buying the dvd for my wifes nephew for his birthday when that format first started because he had played the video so much he had worn it out. The boy ignored all his expensive presents and insisted we all sat down and watched the film. A room full of kids from the ages of 8 to 68 then all enjoyed 90 minutes of childish, silly, toilet humour.

56 is not young but it is far from old also. I didnt realise until today how much of Rik Mayalls stuff I have been into or enjoyed watching.

Such a shame, RIP Rik Mayall. Thanks for the laughs.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I remember he had a pretty serious quad bike accident about 15 years ago, in Devon. As i recall he was in a coma for a few days. They've not said what killed him yet, have they? I wonder if that had some part in it.

"Am I pleased to see you, or have I just put a canoe in my pocket?!"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.