Dog bites

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Having a go at feminists is fair enough but dont start on mans best friend as well GS. :no:

People will start to say you are barking mad!

:whistle:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What's your problem with dogs?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Well all right, since you ask, how can anyone not have a problem with dogs? They're dirty and smelly and make too much noise, many of them still leave dog poo (they don't seem to know it's illegal these days) on the ground for people to slip up on and get dirty and smelly themselves and either they jump up at you and try to lick your face off or they try to bite chunks out of you. In fact, the worst of them have been known to attack and kill babies and young children. And the folks who try to deliver your mail are not very fond of them either. :@

Jeez, they even expect you to take them out for walks (the dogs, that is). That alone should be sufficient reason not to have one for a pet. They say pets are for life, not just for Christmas, unless you have a pet turkey presumably. Much better, though, to have a pet turkey or goose or a rabbit. At least they would make a decent meal.. :)

Which reminds me, I was walking past the Princess Theatre recently and saw a big block of stone on the ground with a notice saying 'this stone was laid by Lady Louise so-and-so, Marchioness of somewhere-or-other, way back in eighteen-ninety something'. Absolutely amazing!. I mean, I've heard of chickens laying eggs, but this..!! :~D
Last edited by Gullscorer on 20 May 2014, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I've worked it out. By jove I've got it!

You live in the film 101 Dalmations. You think all women are like Cruella Deville, so you hate women. She has a foreign sounding name, so you come over all parochial and vote for that awful Farage bloke and you think all dogs behave as described above, so you hate them too.

That's the only possible explanation which doesn't lead you straight to Broadmoor.

Matt.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Matt, what on earth makes you think I hate women? Yes I'm opposed to ideological feminism as taught in various academic courses (it's not an academic discipline, it's an indoctrination process for gullible girls); that doesn't mean I hate women. I don't, I love 'em. I don't really hate dogs either, providing they stay well out of my sight. I did once have a relationship with a woman who was rather like Cruella DeVille, and she did indeed have foreign ancestry, fun while it lasted, but I still bear the scars.. Nigel Farage, on the other hand, is a thoroughly decent British bloke and everybody should vote for him.

I've just had a horrible thought. Does Farage keep a dog..?? :(
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nowt wrong with dags.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

How can you hate dogs! :-o They're just 'kin ace. :)

All those problems you listed GS are usually down to the owners.

You are bound to get a few dogs that are assholes, same as a few cats or other animals are assholes, but I bet when you work it out on average and good and bad ratios, more people are assholes than cats and dogs! :-/
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Dog behaviour is an absolute minefield and in nearly all of cases the dog will have given a person umpteen warning signals to let them know it wasn't happy before attacking. Lots of people just don't know what they should be looking for that's all. If a dog lays down in front of you and rolls over then automatically you would see that as an invite to tickle it. In fact this is a common behaviour amongst 'confused' dogs and you really shouldn't be launching in there with full body rub unless you can see the rest of it's body language being displayed. Whites of the eyes, licking excessively, avoidance behaviours being unnoticed and the dog pushed and pushed inadvertently the list is endless. They are the most obvious I guess.

I'm actually surprised that there aren't more dog attacks given how bloody stupid a lot of their owners are. Many have been getting away with a bomb going off for a long time and it's just sad that if it does blow then the only way of diffusing it is to euthanase an animal that had been trying desperately hard for so long to NOT go into full attack mode. Unchecked stress, abuse, poor handling and training is the fault of one species and one species only and it ain't canine.

I'm austrianandygull by the way. For some reason I have been unable to log in under my username so I create another one. NO!! NOT ANOTHER ME!!!! =D

If you are going to buy a car then you learn how to drive it

If you are going to buy a dog then learn how to train it.

Dogs are fine. People are **** stupid. 8-]
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I was going to accuse you of being AAG.

Nothing wrong with dogs in the slightest. I suspect Scorer has his fishing waders on with this one. I've met hundreds and never had a problem with any of them. I'm no Dr Doolittle, I just avoid the Rottweilers being dragged about Hele by wayne and Waynetta and instead play with the Labradoodles being walked slowly around Berry Head by dear old Mrs Miggins from number 42.

People, not pets, as Anthea correctly asserts.

To link to another thread, imagine this thread was not about dogs, but about, say, black people or homosexuals. There'd be uproar. You can't group people together based on nothing more than one isolated factor*. Equally, the same applies to animals.

Matt.

*you can, but only in certain circumstances. All Exeter City fans are complete ****, for example.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Ye Gods. Not anothber thread about ex wives. All mine have rabbits. Not one of em likes men
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:I've worked it out. By jove I've got it!

You live in the film 101 Dalmations. You think all women are like Cruella Deville, so you hate women. She has a foreign sounding name, so you come over all parochial and vote for that awful Farage bloke and you think all dogs behave as described above, so you hate them too.

That's the only possible explanation which doesn't lead you straight to Broadmoor.

Matt.
I really wanted to find a video of the bit in 'Spaced' where Tim, as a child, is chased down an alleyway by a group of dogs, closely followed by Daisy. Unfortunately, I cannot find one (a working one, anyway).

Those who get the reference though, will understand why I think Gullscorer is actually Tim.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I know this was a wind up, so won't bother with a serious reply, as I'm part time self employed in the training and breeding of dogs I could have . But just a little video to watch for those who really think dogs are so bad.

http://www.upvines.net/this-child-has-d ... t-animals/
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm not a huge fan of dogs - I prefer cats, goats, geese, in fact anything but dogs, though I recognise they have their uses and make good pets for many people - but I can't stand cruelty to all animals, and the actions of this woman were appalling. Hope she is caught and made to understand why: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/P ... story.html