Assaults on our Freedoms

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Andy Burnham, the recently elected Labour mayor of Manchester, is either a complete idiot or another typical lefty PC politician full of ideological BS. He is saying that the terrorist bomber Abedi is not a Muslim, and that the attack had nothing to do with Islam!

Claiming that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Muslims is about as intelligent as saying that IRA terrorism had nothing to do with the Irish.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05 ... ot-muslim/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote: 25 May 2017, 23:02 Andy Burnham, the recently elected Labour mayor of Manchester, is either a complete idiot or another typical lefty PC politician full of ideological BS. He is saying that the terrorist bomber Abedi is not a Muslim, and that the attack had nothing to do with Islam!

Claiming that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Muslims is about as intelligent as saying that IRA terrorism had nothing to do with the Irish.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05 ... ot-muslim/
He is absolutely correct in what he is saying. The man was NOT a Muslim, he was a supporter of isis, and therefore a terrorist.

He lived in the Muslim community, but his beliefs bear little resemblance to what those who follow Islam actually believe. That was what Andy Burnham was trying to get across. The minute all Muslims are looked at as terrorists, isis will have won, because they want to spread fear and hatred throughout the world. The fact of the matter is, "normal" Muslims are just normal people like you and I, who go about their jobs in the same way that we all do too.

The Manchester bomber, and those of similar beliefs, are far from normal, and must be portrayed as such.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ManxGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Matt Hockley

Post by ManxGull »

"He is absolutely correct in what he is saying. The man was NOT a Muslim, he was a supporter of isis, and therefore a terrorist.

He lived in the Muslim community, but his beliefs bear little resemblance to what those who follow Islam actually believe. That was what Andy Burnham was trying to get across. The minute all Muslims are looked at as terrorists, isis will have won, because they want to spread fear and hatred throughout the world. The fact of the matter is, "normal" Muslims are just normal people like you and I, who go about their jobs in the same way that we all do too.

The Manchester bomber, and those of similar beliefs, are far from normal, and must be portrayed as such."

:goodpost:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Come on now, lets be honest and tell the truth. Suggesting that Salman Abedi just grow up in a Muslim community is as much BS as suggesting all Muslims are terrorists, this is what causes so much anger and division.

Salman Abedi WAS a Muslim end of, he was a regular attendee of the Didsbury Mosque, so lets not try to skirt around the issue, by repeating the left wing liberal media narrative that he just happen to grow up in a Muslim community, he was a Muslim the evil act he committed was in the name of Islam.

Of course this does not fit what Islam as a religion stands for, however I do not fully buy into this, Islam is a peaceful religion either, if it was, why are there still executions going on in Islamic countries and for what, yes you can be put to death for Adultery and witchcraft in some Islamic countries amongst other things, look also at the treatment of homosexuals and woman, and so and on.

Islam the peaceful religion ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Cracker Pat :
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

http://www.godhatesfags.com/index.html

Christianity - the peaceful religion?

;-)

STIP
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'm actually surprised I didn't get one of those, patronizing history lessons on the crusades, you normally get when linking Islam to violence ;-)

Oh Scotty me old mate, come on, if we search hard enough, we can find evidence of many religious denominations, that have less than peaceful over the years, yes Christianity being one of them.

However, compared to Islam, how many predominantly Christian countries:

Still execute their own people ?
Still execute their own people for a crime other than murder ?
Where homosexuality is still illegal ?

How many Christian countries are same sex marriages, not only legal, but can take place in a church ?
How many Christian countries still treat women, as second class inferior citizens to their male's ( yes in Islamic countries, a female victim of rape, can often face a more serious charge than the male)

Does Islam mean peace ? No, it doesn't, Islam actually means ; Submission. Just about says it all, and to be fair, I am in no way a religious person.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

My point is, Dave, that you get idiots in any religion - it doesn't mean that everybody else is equally as crazy. The Manchester bomber may have believed that he was a Muslim, but he followed different ideals to that of many Muslims that live and work alongside us, and that just want to get on with worshipping their god, in the same way that any other person of any other religion has the right to do.

He was no more a Muslim than I am, which is the point Andy Burnham was making and was the point I was agreeing with.
Just because those that preach hatred and violence are claiming to be Muslims and followers of Islam, doesn't make them either of those, in the same way that me claiming to be a dog and running around on all fours whilst burying a bone doesn't make me a dog.
I'll leave you with that picture ;-)

STIP
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The perpetrator is a muslim, there is no point denying that. He was inspired to blow himself up by radical Islam. Claiming he is not a muslim is ignoring the very real fact that many young Muslims find this ideology attractive.
What I find disturbing is that across the world, rather than secularising like the west Muslims have become more devout in their religion and in Muslim democracies have electing radical Islamic governments such as in turkey and Indonesia.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 30 May 2017, 00:25 My point is, Dave, that you get idiots in any religion - it doesn't mean that everybody else is equally as crazy. The Manchester bomber may have believed that he was a Muslim, but he followed different ideals to that of many Muslims that live and work alongside us, and that just want to get on with worshipping their god, in the same way that any other person of any other religion has the right to do.

He was no more a Muslim than I am, which is the point Andy Burnham was making and was the point I was agreeing with.
Just because those that preach hatred and violence are claiming to be Muslims and followers of Islam, doesn't make them either of those, in the same way that me claiming to be a dog and running around on all fours whilst burying a bone doesn't make me a dog.
I'll leave you with that picture ;-)
I do agree with your sentiment and get where your coming from, yes, there is an overwhelming majority of Muslims who are peaceful and law abiding, but Plainmoor 78 is spot on, all this, well he committed an act of evil so he just can't be a Muslim is, utter, nuclear grade nonsense, we must stop the BS, and tell the truth. He was a Muslim, he did do what he did.

One of the biggest problems in our country is people just can't say what they want to say. will post and link and copy some of what a British Muslims woman said on question time, had May, Corbyn or even more so Farage said what she had the guts to say, there would have uproar, amongst the left wing liberal media, who are not part of the solution, they're part of the problem.

http://vidmax.com/video/157675-British- ... ter-Attack

“I myself am a Muslim,” the unidentified woman began speaking, with her head uncovered, after offering her prayers and support for the victims’ families. “I am a British Muslim and I am very proud of my heritage but I am also a realist and there is an elephant in the room here and, unfortunately — it is very unfortunate — there is an issue in regards to radicalization and extremism that does exist within our community,” she admitted.

“That is something that we have to accept and we have to deal with,” she urged before explaining that “children are being taught the Wahhabi interpretation of the Quran,” and “Saudi-trained clerics”

are indoctrinating young children in the UK with the most radical form of Islam.

“We do have an issue within our mosques, within our religious institutions,” she stated. “We have children Saudi-trained clerics coming in and speaking to children as young as seven. And you know, that have these books, you know, children are taught…we have to do something about it.”

“I would say, for now, for now temporarily close down all Saudi-financed mosques,” she proposed. And I myself as a Muslim — I am a Muslim…” she said before being interrupted by applause from the audience.

To be even more politically incorrect, the bold young woman then took a shot at the liberal British immigration policies.

“Terrorism is also being imported right under our noses,” she declared.

The truth.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Good luck trying to get the authorities to do anything that might upset the Saudis.
ManxGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Matt Hockley

Post by ManxGull »

Jerry wrote: 31 May 2017, 00:05 Good luck trying to get the authorities to do anything that might upset the Saudis.

:goodpost:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Are we, seriously, happy to allow Sharia law in this country? It seems many politicians are; they have already permitted a number of Sharia courts. Mrs May, please read this: http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... war-girls/

The author of this article describes honour killings as a 'war on girls'. Boys also suffer from honour killings, but they are ignored. Nothing new there. Remember the 'bring back our girls' campaign when the Muslim rebels in Nigeria kidnapped a number of schoolgirls. No mention of the far greater number of boys who were taken, and either burned alive or made to join the rebel soldiers.