Thought For the Day

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Radical feminism is as intolerant and as full of hate as radical Islam, but the former has taken over our university campuses and insinuated itself into politics, law, and the media, while the latter remains a widely-condemned fringe movement.
http://womenformen.org/2014/09/03/mallo ... isms-wake/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Descartes and de Montaigne argued about which was more important: knowledge or experience. But, to put it very simply, you can't have such an argument without first defining 'important': important for what or whom, and in what circumstances?

Even so, it's better perhaps to consider which is the more useful. Seems to me that both knowledge and experience are pretty useless without something which is more important than anything, and that is understanding..
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I'm a mans man, I prefer the company of men, I like men and men like me. I hate women and women hate me.

The only reason I'm not gay is because I could never f*ck a man.

I could never f*ck something that I respect.

Jim Jeffries

:rofl:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's impossible for men to win, because if women do something better than men it's just evidence of their innate superiority, but if men outperform women, that's proof of discrimination and retrograde patriarchy or toxic masculinity.
Christina Hoff Summers
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

The worst thing you can do to a person with an invisible illness is make them feel like they have to prove how sick they are!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We envy cows their placidity, but it would be no use asking them the secret of their happiness for they would have forgotten the question before they could give the answer.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Gullscorer wrote:And this is in a University! Absolutely horrifying! http://www.theonion.com/article/college ... idea-38496

You do realise that The Onion is a satirical website don't you?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jerry wrote:
You do realise that The Onion is a satirical website don't you?
Yes of course I do. But you obviously don't realise that I, too, was being satirical.. =D