Thought For the Day

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

PhilGull wrote: And it's name is Nigel Paul Farage.
Nonsense. Nigel Farage is the quintessence of the British nation. Politicians and Remainers who have deceived the British people for over forty years surreptitiously taking us into a political union we never wanted (and are still attempting to deceive us) and who would give away our sovereignty and power of self-determination, our very nationhood, are the real traitors.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Why do men get accused of regarding women as sex objects?

Surely the ravenous purchase by females of stiletto heels, push-up bras, butt-hugging mini-skirts, plunging necklines, false eyelashes, hair extensions, breast implants, butt implants, lip implants, and mascara, rouge, and lipstick to the tune of billions a year has nothing to do with it?

Women would never, ever, exploit their sexuality to seek attention from men. Oh no. As for objectifying themselves? Certainly not. Perhaps they do it just to please themselves (vanity) and to make other women jealous?

Either way, it must all be the fault of men.. :)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

From the horse's mouth: 'The brutal answer to what makes women happy is: ‘Nothing, not for more than ten minutes at a time.'
Fay Weldon
:~D

'No one will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.'
Henry Kissinger
:)
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

No one will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.'
Henry Kissinger
:)
I bet back when old Henry (he must be catching up Kirk Douglas by now) said that he wasn't anticipating on 'gender' emerging and coming to the fore. I think there are new ones of those popping up all the time, and as for the 'genderfluids', well they can be in the 'friends' camp one day, but classifying themselves as one of the 'enemy' the next. The battle would be much too complicated for Henry to even start making sense of these days ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The only news reports you can believe on the BBC are the football results and that's only because there are too many witnesses..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Stilton Cheese:

'We pass'd Stilton, a town famous for cheese, which is call'd our English Parmesan, and is brought to table with the mites, or maggots round it, so thick, that they bring a spoon with them for you to eat the mites with, as you do the cheese.'
Daniel Defoe (A tour thro' the whole island of Great Britain, 1724)

These days, cheese mites are more likely to be found on cheeses such as Mimolette, a cheese where affineurs will actually encourage cheese mites on the rind, to give it that rusty cannon ball look.

I went to the fridge and had a close look at my Stilton, and I'm certain I spotted some of the little buggers. They're quite harmless and edible, as is the rind itself, though why anybody would want to eat the rind is beyond me. But natural cheese rinds such as those from real Cheddar, Stilton, and Parmesan are not to be wasted; they provide good flavouring in soups and stews.

Stilton and similar cheeses get their blue veins and distinct flavour from the use of one or more of the saprotrophic fungi such as Penicillium roqueforti and Penicillium glaucum. A 2005 survey carried out by the British Cheese Board reported that Stilton cheese seemed to cause unusual dreams when eaten before sleep, with 75% of men and 85% of women experiencing "odd and vivid" dreams after eating a 20-gram serving of the cheese half an hour prior to sleeping.

It was subsequently reported that the survey was in fact a mass hallucination caused by members of the British Cheese Board eating too much Stilton cheese..

So you'll be finishing off the rest of your Stilton for supper then..??

Don't forget the rind.. :)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

'In individuals, insanity is rare. But in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.'
Friedrich Nietzsche
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Evil prevails when good people say and do nothing: https://marklathamsoutsiders.com/2017/0 ... s-studies/

Australian football: https://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/t ... -feminism/

Beware statistics presented as facts:

Undoubtedly, science has become highly politicised. Evidence-based policy is the mantra, but in reality it is often policy-based evidence.

When the government’s chief medical officer reduced the guidelines for alcohol intake in men to 14 units, but kept the same amount for women, this was not based on objective information but on moral zealotry.

Medical advances have made premature babies viable at 23 weeks, but this is not accepted as rationale for reducing the time limit for abortion.

Diesel cars were known to be more polluting than petrol engines, but they were promoted because of a narrow imperative to reduce carbon emissions.

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/nial ... k-science/