If you have kids...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

If you have kids...

Post by Gullscorer »

... this is urgent and important:

Urgent in the case of this man, Tom Matty, because he has a few days to provide a surety to the Court to continue his struggle, against an unjust system and against all the odds, to see his kids, as explained in this link:

And important because, if you think this could not happen to you, think again. It will certainly happen to some of you, and you will not know what hit you. You may be fortunate enough (most people are) to have a reasonably amicable split with your partner or wife, with satisfactory shared parenting arrangements. But if you're not so lucky, the UK Family Court system is already highly biased against fathers, many of whom suffer the results of false allegations by their ex-partners, and, even without such allegations, face almost insurmountable odds against a system which is highly biased in favour of women who, in too many cases, show themselves as unfit to have custody of children.

For those who would like further information, follow the links above, or do your own research on the subject (I can, if requested, provide a few more relevant links)..
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I have the deepest sympathy with this man who must be deeply hurt by the actions of his ex wife. Oh what bitternes does to a woman.
I do have one reservation though about how we could support him.
This is a case in Canada. which has different laws to ours. I do have some experience in this country with our laws and can see the similarities though. But as has been the case in the past, This country generally does not allow parents to take the children out of the country without permission of the court and they can be made ward of court to prevent this happening if there is a risk of one parent skipping the country with the children without any intention of bringing them back.
I got divorced from my wife way back in 1987. the case dragged on for years. The by then ex wife was as bitter as hell and caused all sorts of problems. even not allowing them to take a train because my son went home by train but left something behind.
We had to jump through legal hoops to get permission for them to come on the holiday of a lifetime to see the D day celebrations of 1994 which was the 50th anniversary. we were right among the main event in Normandy. The Kids will remember that for the rest of their lives. Their mother tried her best to not let that memory exist. But the courts overrulled her. just in time.
I could go on all night about the things she did even to the extent of contempt of court. Nothing stood in her way.
but we prevailed in the end.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Sorry to hear about your problems GlosterGull. Thankfully the Men's Rights Edmonton group has already received donations exceeding $5000, sufficient to help this man and, hopefully, more like him.

Much as we love women and support their equality and the protection of women against the wrongs and crimes to which they are vulnerable, this should not be at the cost of injustice to and bias against men and their children.

Feminists have gone too far. They still falsely maintain that there is an ongoing gender pay gap. They ignore (as does Government, police, judiciary, charities, NGOs and the media) official research and statistics which show the large percentage of false allegations by women of rape and abuse, that it is mostly mothers, not fathers, who kidnap their children, that domestic abuse is not a gender issue and is perpetrated almost equally by women, and that the biggest percentage of child abuse (including sexual abuse) by far is perpetrated by mothers against their children. And we see bias against boys in the education system as well as against fathers in the family courts.

Hence the proliferation of men's rights groups such as Angry Harry, MRA London, etc.. The only way men can stop such injustice and discrimination is to become active and to lobby politicians, charities and the media. Increasingly, these men are being joined by women who see modern feminists for what they are: man-hating extremists.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... Lloyd.html

It's a long one, but everyone should see this video. Kicks in after 3 minutes and has an awesome ending after the cops arrive. Had me in tears:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

It makes me sick thinking of the bias against Father's who actually want to play a part in their children's lives but are being denied by sick and twisted Mothers.

My brother in-law is not able to see his daughter as her Mum has gone out of her way to make it impossible for him to visit her. He hasn't been able to see her for nearly two years (she's five now) and it is now extremely unlikely she even knows who her real Dad is as her Mother has had another baby and is living with the father.

This woman is a nut case and taunts him about it, all the while gladly taking his maintenance money. What does he get in return? Nothing but heart ache....... Tragic.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SteveDeckchair wrote:It makes me sick thinking of the bias against Father's who actually want to play a part in their children's lives but are being denied by sick and twisted Mothers.

My brother in-law is not able to see his daughter as her Mum has gone out of her way to make it impossible for him to visit her. He hasn't been able to see her for nearly two years (she's five now) and it is now extremely unlikely she even knows who her real Dad is as her Mother has had another baby and is living with the father.

This woman is a nut case and taunts him about it, all the while gladly taking his maintenance money. What does he get in return? Nothing but heart ache....... Tragic.
been there mate.....my son is 24 and i havnt seen him since 1997 - same thing as your bro-in-law.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Without wishing to make things sound simple, are you not able to get some sort of court order?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Without wishing to make things sound simple, are you not able to get some sort of court order?
sounds straight forward and simple doesnt it?

been there scotty on numerous occasions.

even then they fail as she could make up some sh*t excuse about him being ill or some other bo**ocks.

in the end i took her back to court and was awarded a refund on the maitainance money and the court costs that i paid, but it still made no difference.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Sounds exactly like what he has been through. Nothing can stop the Mum missing appointments, meanwhile costs rack up and she drip feeds poison to keep her family onside.

She is a truly odious individual.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

What would be the legal ramifications if you were to withhold money until you had seen your child? Is it an imprisonable offence or would it just cost you money? I'd be fighting like hell to get the law changed if I were in that position.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cambgull wrote:What would be the legal ramifications if you were to withhold money until you had seen your child? Is it an imprisonable offence or would it just cost you money? I'd be fighting like hell to get the law changed if I were in that position.
cost a fortune and you would end up doing/in stir. :@

TUST Member 468

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by SteveDeckchair »

He withheld money based on the fact that he wasn't allowed to see her and the csa got heavy. As stated,I believe it is a criminal offence.

He ended up paying her the lot in one go as he had no choice.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Just goes to show, the most discriminated people in this country and white, male fathers.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"