Modern Telly

General chat about anything else goes here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:you think x factors bad, you should watch the xtra factor on itv 2. the wifes making me sit through it now.

bugger this, im going to put my headphones on and watch some $h1t on youtube.

oh christ this programmes terrible.

b0ll0cks shes spotted the headphones, ooohh im getting the look, here she comes.

gotta go.....
man up chunk you paignton ponce :nod:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just watching my Phoenix Nights DVD as there is p*ss all on. It's so funny! GET BACK YER BAST*RD! I'LL BREK YER LEGS! :clap: :-D :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

phoenix nights = quality - :bow:

like i said earlier in the thread, tv is so bad i have lately only really watched old stuff on youtube and also inbetweeners and old shameless etc on 4od and some old and new on sky go.. ray donovon, supernatural, trollied (bit dodgy),
and ive just counted up that i have watched 52 episodes of rescue me :bow: since august the 5th.

by the way, just to reiterate my point on the whinge, moan and rant thread, the inbetweeners usa was a crock of $h1t (as the yanks would say). :'( :red:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

come on Andy, where are ya? I thought you might have come on here for eurovision again, after last year. Having a laugh at it and ogling the scantily clad Euro babes is the only way to get through it. I havent been able to watch it this year, it just wouldnt be the same. :no:

(If any of you are confused, refer to a few pages back)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

chunkygull wrote:come on Andy, where are ya? I thought you might have come on here for eurovision again, after last year. Having a laugh at it and ogling the scantily clad Euro babes is the only way to get through it. I havent been able to watch it this year, it just wouldnt be the same. :no:

(If any of you are confused, refer to a few pages back)
:lol:

I made £100! I had £40 on Austria at 5/2 just because they were favourites and errr because it was Austria.

Little did I know I had bet on a cross dressing bearded tranny. :Oops:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Anyone seen Gogglebox? Not something I thought I would like but it's kind of alright.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

I bloody love Gogglebox, I didnt think I would either but it can be quite entertaining.

There isnt actually much on at the moment that I can say is gripping, must see or entertaining, although I havent missed Eastenders for a while ( God help me). There are a few things on sky I have gotten into and apart from that I have been watching old episodes on youtube of in Sickness And In Health (Alf garnett). Its funny how in many respects times have changed a lot but then again they havent really changed at all. We are all still hung up or going on about the same old things nearly 30 years later - money, politics, economy, immigration, percieved racism or bigotry, political correctness.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

According to the HE there's going to be a new series of The Hotel. But this time it's going to be the Cavendish Hotel, which is across the road from the previous one, the Grovesnor, and it will see the return of Mark and Alison.. Can't wait.. :)
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/u ... story.html
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/H ... story.html
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

chunkygull wrote:gotten
:slap: :no:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Quirke

A brand new crime drama

I think Partridge got it spot on when he said that 'people like them, let's make some more of them'.

No point in having a **** telly nowadays really. It's either crime drama or reality cack.

MAKE SOME DIFFERENT PROGRAMMES FFS!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Anyone see series 2 of Derek?

Very well made programme by Ricky Gervais, a few funny moments and real thought provoking scenes
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

I've not seen it, not a Gervais fan but a mate says it is really really good so I might give it a watch.

At least it's not a crime drama! :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

DerbyshireGull wrote:Quirke

A brand new crime drama

I think Partridge got it spot on when he said that 'people like them, let's make some more of them'.

No point in having a **** telly nowadays really. It's either crime drama or reality cack.

MAKE SOME DIFFERENT PROGRAMMES FFS!!
There's crime drama (any of the **** shit that the BBC are **** obsessed with) and then there's crime drama (24, which is technically crime drama and Hannibal, which is also, sort of, crime drama). Depends what you watch. Pick and choose more carefully and there is some genuinely brilliant TV available at times.

I might be repeating myself on this thread here, but there has been some incredible stuff created in recent years. Lost was magnificent, as was 24. House was marvellous (I'm watching a recorded one as I type).

There are some things which are interesting, but not in the same league as the aforementioned. Anything by Heston Blumenthal is normally worth watching. QI is a bit silly but amusing and informative at the same time. Have I Got News For You is a classic and seems to have survived the panel show cull of recent years. University Challenge is tough enough to be worthwhile and dispenses with the annoying gimmicks which ruin most other quiz shows. The same can be said of Only Connect (which has bonus Victoria Coren), which is a little bit more gimmicky, but that's self-effacing so we'll let them off.

When it's on, Top Gear is worth watching. Don't take it seriously, don't hope for helpful consumer advice, just watch three idiots mucking about in cars.

TV is like anything, if you go for cheap 'n' cheerful, it'll be shit for morons. If you pick and choose the better things but get less for your money, you'll end up with better quality.

Matt..
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Modern telly is rubbish? I guess you don't have Sky Atlantic then. Some of the series coming out of the States at the moment are fantastic. Great scripts, great actors, great production values. It really is the best of Hollywood on the small screen.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

And what was wrong may is ask with For the Love of Cars, Some superb restorations and I loved the Stag. I tried to find out when the auction was. I was prepared to up the final total of what it went for. 15K seemed a snip to me.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843